RISEX 2016 Model Railway Exhibition - 20th February 2016

ANT

RISEX 2016 Model Railway Exhibition

Presented by Risborough & District Model Railway Club

Saturday 20th of February 2016

Admission: Adult £3.00, Child £2.00

10.00am - 5.00pm

Community Centre(adjacent to Springs swimming pool), Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9AX

The whole of the Community Centre in Princes Risborough is taken over one day in the spring each year. Allowing local modellers to display their layouts and model making.

Light refreshments will be available including LOTS of HOMEMADE CAKES.

See our Club Website for more details: http://www.rdmrc.org.uk

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Ah! Getting past the cake stall is very difficult, one only has to look at the selection. It's so very easy to stop and succumb.

See you there. I've got Whitecross Street there so come and chat.

John

Ah! Getting past the cake stall is very difficult, one only has to look at the selection. It's so very easy to stop and succumb.

See you there. I've got Whitecross Street there so come and chat.

John

Hi John,

We'll be able to meet up again, hopefully! I'll be meeting Dan S. with Galatia but may well be frequenting the cake stand too!

Cheers,

John.

Hello

We will have around a 20ft section of our under construction layout Okehampton, this will mainly consist of the shed and surrounding area. When complete the layout will just about fit in the room you will see it in on Saturday.

As space is premium at the Club, this part of the layout has been worked on off site by a small group of members, so when they bring it on Friday for the setup, it will be nice to see how far they have got, as I have not seen many photos!

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

• RMweb Gold

We will have Railex tickets with a discount of £1 off the Adult on day price of £8. so come and see me on the 4mm demo in the morning in the main hall or the Aylesbury display in the afternoon.

The Okehampton display I think will be quite impressive with plenty of scenic work having been completed.

David

Thank you as ever David - I shall be along folding money in hand ;)

I was at the show as part of the Tring Club crew operating Bradfield.

We all felt it was an excellent little show and we were made to feel very welcome. I spent my shifts being the Bradfeld signalman - the first time I'd done so, it was excellent fun.

Wandering around when off shift it was fantastic to see our larger neighbouring club with exciting projects on the go including a P4 model of Aylesbury Town station, a place very familiar to me during my teenage years of the late 70s/early 80s and one I will watch with much interest. I think it also may have encouraged us (and certainly me) to crack on with some planned (if less exacting) projects of our own.

I am looking forward to Railex which for me size for size is the best show in the annual calendar.

Roy

P.S. I should add that I thought Kirkmellington was excellent - very inspirational.

I spent sometime on the demo table building a copperclad turnout for Aylesbury fiddle yard. There was quite a bit of interest was shown, in some cases I was told it looked hard or something the person who I was talking to could not do. So I said yes you can and put got a couple of visitors to file and solder up a couple of Vees, The results were good and we will use them on some of our turnouts. This hands on approach was something I had not planned but worked well. If we do the same thing next year I may put some more thought in how we do it. As having someone having a go seemed to attact yet more people to see what was going on.

With a whole bunch of people building stuff a whole layout could be built over the weekend!

David

Archived