RR&Co Update 8.0F5 Available - Now looks OK

RFS

• RMweb Gold

Now available for download on the RR&Co website.  It fixes the problems introduced by 8.0F3, particularly with the train window where, if you are using MPH, it was converting km to miles twice.

As to what each update fixes, there's a changelog here for bugs that are fixed - http://www.tc-wiki.de/index.php/Changelog_TC_8.0 . However it refers to the original incident, so if that was in German you'll need to translate with Google if you can't read German.

It appears not to be fully up to date as of the time of writing.

EDIT: now see post #3

• RMweb Gold

I think there's something fundamentally wrong with this version and I strongly recommend to NOT install it.  Had a session today and for reasons I can't explain, 2 trains ended up colliding on the main line.  Neither of these trains was supposed to be there - they should both have been in blocks 1 and 2 of one of my storage roads.

So I then proceeded to use drag-and-drop to put the trains back to their starting positions.  One of the trains entered the platform road and then suddenly reversed out again.

I'm now reverting to 8.0F3.

• RMweb Gold

Now the download area is showing 8.0F5 is available.  8.0F4 was only made available yesterday and on my layout caused mayhem.   I'm concerned that these changes are being made available in quick succession without a single word about what they change and why. Also why was 8.0F4 not properly tested in-house first?

I shall be sticking to 8.0F3 for a while until all this is clarified.  Cost me a couple of hours today sorting things out.

So proceed with caution, and if you decided to install the update make sure you save a copy of your .yrr file first ...

• RMweb Gold

Today I made a concerted effort to test 8.0F5, but this time closely watching what was happening.  After an hour's running, during which 100+ train movements took place, I have no incidents to report!  All seems well - at least with my configuration.

The changelog has also been updated - http://www.tc-wiki.de/index.php/Changelog_TC_8.0

Archived