'Chard's road-trips: looking for details of DDR heritage diesels

'CHARD

Whilst traversing part of the former DR, I glimpsed a tantalising cameo of several presumably preserved German diesel locos, although they may have belonged to an infrastructure company or private freight operator, I suppose.  

On the way out I noticed three, and returning I saw four.  They were stabled at what looked to be a small running shed, just off the Magdeburg to Genthin secondary main line immediately north east of the village station at Möser.  The entire scene was eminently modellable.  However, and perhaps not atypically of the one-time Eastern Bloc, I can't find any reference whatsoever to this site on the usual internet sources.

Two locos with noses were outwardly similar in appearance to Nohabs, in a dark crimson and possibly black livery.  A third, corrugated-sided loco, in faded yellow looked like it had seen service with one of the newish freight operators.  Obscured by the dark red twins, was what appeared to be a DB red Co-Co of Soviet extraction.

The depot seems to have the following address:  Bahnstraße 1, 39291 Möser, Germany.

Can any of our European experts shed any light on this - or was it all a big mirage....

I think you might mean Kirchmöser on the Magdeburg-Genthin-Brandenburg main line. Kirchmöser is certainly the home of infrastructure contractors and a branch of the DB's works - in GDR times the Reichsbahn had a massive presence in Kirchmöser and so did the Red Army with a tank repair works. As a memorial to Kirchmöser's railway past there is a BR 52 on display on a plinth. The place has a fascinating history - it was the site of a huge WW1 munitions factory and after the Armistice the railways took it over and made it into one of its larger facilities complete with employees' housing on quite a grand scale.

Check this link....

http://www.zukunft-in-kirchmoeser.de/der-standort/ansaessige-unternehmen.html

...and I think you may find the firm that you are looking for.

I spend a lot of time in Brandenburg - I am there several times a year. The area is well worth visiting - not only for rail fans!

LOL!  Many thanks for your reply, Rekoboy.

The reason for my trip was in fact a business visit to the DB works at Kirchmoser. Incidentally I did the tourist thing and had a photocall with 52 8017-7 which as you say is on display, albeit not on a plinth, as a memorial.

Nothing of the former works is visible from the main line, it's a good distance away through the birch forest.

No, the village I'm after is definitely Moser, I will upload a photo as soon as I get chance!  EDIT: see screen grab below!

Here's the village in question.  The wee diesel shed is north east of the station.

post-7083-0-99577400-1455362550_thumb.jpg

Excellent sleuthing Dr Quinn!  I dared not believe they were Nohabs, although I did excitedly text a mate to say I thought I had seen some!  

Yes, MY1142 definitely looks like one, there was definitely a counterpart too.  

Online DB infrastructure catalogue Stredax says that Möser has a siding so it is possible that there have been stuff parked in there.

It's a two road shed and at least one stabling siding.  Didn't see any fuelling facilities, and there aren't any apparent from the Google Earth photo either.

Certainly there were four diesels stabled there on Thursday evening.

This was a simple point and pray shot taken from a passing express at speed.  The general bulk of three locos can be made out though:

post-7083-0-64958100-1455368321_thumb.jpg

'CHARD, can you tell me what kind of train did you use from and was what the trains destination when you shot this picture? This is definitly not the village Möser! I try to find out where ist was. The 2 dark engines are Nohabs, the bright red engine is a romania build class 229 now owned by MEG.

It is very unlikely that this photo has been taken at Möser as the infrastructure wouldn't match. The red loco in the background almost certainly belongs to MEG (Märkische Eisenbahngesellschaft).

'CHARD, can you tell me what kind of train did you use from and was what the trains destination when you shot this picture? This is definitly not the village Möser! I try to find out where ist was. The 2 dark engines are Nohabs, the bright red engine is a romania build class 229 now owned by MEG.

Refer to he Google Earth shot in post 5 above.  Look for this caption: 'Marion Wanzlik Eiscafè' in Möser and immediately above it on Bahnstrasse, is the shed and, to the cafe's left, the sidings.

Sorry, only just seen this thread.

I'd suggest that the locos belong to Cargo Logistik Rail Service GmbH, who have their headquarters in Barleben, a short distance from Möser.

They operate two V170s (which is how the ex-DSB MY Nohabs are classified in Germany).  Their locos were previously DSB MY 1138 and 1151 (listed as 227 004-9 and 227 009-8 respectively, but appear to carry their old MY numbers).  CLR also have two of the Romanian type 229 (229 147-4 and 229 181-3).  

The CLR fleet can be seen on their website: http://www.clr-service.de/

Sorry, only just seen this thread.

I'd suggest that the locos belong to Cargo Logistik Rail Service GmbH, who have their headquarters in Barleben, a short distance from Möser.

They operate two V170s (which is how the ex-DSB MY Nohabs are classified in Germany).  Their locos were previously DSB MY 1138 and 1151 (listed as 227 004-9 and 227 009-8 respectively, but appear to carry their old MY numbers).  CLR also have two of the Romanian type 229 (229 147-4 and 229 181-3).  

The CLR fleet can be seen on their website: http://www.clr-service.de/

Excellent!  The top of their home page shows the shed, with the main line just visible on the left.  Some classic traction in the fleet!

One interessting thing is, that the official DB-Network Homepage didn't show a separate track which is leaving the one loop track. Another interessting thing is, that the google pictures are much too old (they are from 2006 says Google Earth) and show only a withdrawn areal.

I know CRL Servie only from Magdeburg harbour, it's new to me that they use a old farm shed at Möser village as a engine shed!

Archived