ARRIVA LIVERY

class37418stag

I'd ask them to correct the colour of their paint before asking for more models in the livery, their Arriva 142 is awful. Looks spot on in the catalogue and on the box, yet the examples in several of the local shops look more blue than turquoise.

It's possible to buy vinyl transfers to convert a 121 into the Arriva livery - I think Electra do them in OO.

• 3 weeks later...

If it doesn't work out then Electra Railway Graphics have Arriva Trains Wales overlays for the 153, I have the same overlays in First Great Western livery and they do look very good, better than the matt finish of the RTR's in my opinion!

If it doesn't work out then Electra Railway Graphics have Arriva Trains Wales overlays for the 153, I have the same overlays in First Great Western livery and they do look very good, better than the matt finish of the RTR's in my opinion!

hmmm.. u lose all the exterior details then though such as door handles , grilles, door buttons etc.. :(

• RMweb Gold

I can't resist replying here biggrin.gif The 153 overlays do have cut outs to allow some of the more prominent detail, such as door buttons, to poke through.

Due to the nature of vinyls, you do lose some definition of the finer panelling and rivets, though I've found a few passes with a hairdrier and a soft cloth really helps to bring these through.

Hope this helps...

PS. I no longer do the plain white Arriva decals, following the demise of my Alps printer however I believe Precision Labels might be able to help.

• 1 year later...

I've decided to paint myself a 121 so that I can add some of the extra detail. Phoenix sell the turquoise and cream colour, but not the green door colour. What is the nearest enamel or model acrylic for the door green?

Thanks,

Archived