Something strange happening

• RMweb Gold
shortliner, on 15 Feb 2016 - 10:20, said:

I have reverted to 2013 skin and it seems okay The problem seems to be with IE and 2014 and 2016 skins

A couple of days ago I switched from the 2013 skin to the 2016 version and I don't have a problem with 2016.  Previously I did, but only with the 2014 skin.

One problem I do have with all skins is that when I do include a quote, the name of the user and date is repeated in the text.  And if I edit it again it adds it yet again.  Only happens with IE 11 and not with Edge.  Would be interested in what's causing it as it happens on all my PCs at home so must be something to do with my profile? I've not seen any other posts with this issue.

I have had an ongoing problem for a while, both with XP/IE8 at home, and with Win 7/Firefox at work.

When replying, it is not immediately possible to type into the reply box; there are 2 ways round this:-

1 - click on FONT or SIZE (make a selection if it becomes necessary.).

2 - Lick on REPLY WITH ATTACHMENTS.

Either of these usually introduce the flashing cursor into the box enabling a reply.

Having now got a Win10 laptop, I don't recall having this problem reoccur, until last night. I did the FONT and SIZE trick, but had to select Arial 14 to get the cursor to appear. Then strange things happenned!

So if I tired to type <Stewart>, it actually typed in the wrong direction, giving me <trawetS>. Deleting everything before the "S" and moving the cursor to the far right, I was then able to add the missing letters in the correct place. This continued until I hit <Return> (to start a new line). The problem then came back and was cleared in the same way.

trawetS   :no:

Archived