Wireless DC Control

trainmaster247

(NOTE: I know there is DCC avaliable now but I would like to stay with DC and cheap as possible plese)

I am hoping to start work on a small 2'10 with a 2'x8' leg L shaped switching layout. I would like wireless control for this but not something very expensive. I will only be using one engine at a time, either a Atlas Classic GP7, A Trackmobile or a Kato Engine. I would prefer not to install any decoders or receivers though if it is required I could do with it. So anyone have any suggestions (or an old one they no longer need?) Any help would be appreciated

That guagemaster controller also needs a 16V AC power supply!

As for radio control, as far as I am aware there are no plug and play systems available at the moment. So you will have to wire in the receiver and batteries. If you want to run from track power a Bluerail board might be the answer. The 'controller' is an App that runs on your smarphone. However thay are not yet available!.

I don't see why you would have any problem getting a guagemaster shipped to the US.  I live in Canada and have had no problems.  For power I use a simple doorbell transformer available at most hardware stores.  Another controller that you might find interesting is at http://www.allcomponents.co.uk/product/hh5-oo-oo-gauge-12v-handheld-controller-11834.html If it is anything like the old KPC controllers it will be excellent.

Archived