Bargain hunters thread missing text in posts

• RMweb Premium

The bargain hunters thread seems to have incomplete text in all the posts. This has only been the case since last night's downtime, so I wonder if something corrupted?

Yep, same here.  I have tried changing back to RMWeb 2013 skin, same error.

I'm running Firefox version 40-whatever the current version is on Windows 7

It seems like any posts that contained pound symbols, other special characters and foreign accented letters have been truncated where those characters appeared.

Mostly ok, but some posts are rendered incomprehensible.

Was there a back-up?

• RMweb Gold

It seems like any posts that contained pound symbols, other special characters and foreign accented letters have been truncated where those characters appeared.

Mostly ok, but some posts are rendered incomprehensible.

Was there a back-up?

It may not need a backup, the full text is probably still in the database. It's a bug in the software.

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

It's a bug in the software.

Get that ant off my hard drive!!!

Hornby topic was where I first spotted and reported it but since then I too have noticed that any post with "special characters" is likely to have been clipped.

It also seems to affect the quoting, at least using the mobile view on an iPhone. I've not analysed it but it seemed like the last few posts of a page are sometimes put into quotes within a previous post

This page does it http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108082-Hornby-issues-profit-warning/page-31. It looks like the Reply box is also included in the post which contains the other posts, this narrows the screen area available for the buttons, causing the formatting to break

Archived