"Train of thought ?"

Those Rolls Royce PWR's are small, compact units designed primarily for submarines. You are right- we do still build Military ships, although not very many. Certainly civilian ship construction is virtually extinct with the last large (for the era) passenger carrier being built in 1987.

So the fact that Rolls Royce build Nuclear units (PWR2s and 3) for our Nuclear Submarines designed in the UK, we still build ships - or are the two Aircraft Carriers uin Build don't exist, we build Boats - Astute Class, and BAe do a lot of work on aircraft engineering in the UK as does Rolls Royce and Marshalls. seem to have passed you by.

It finishes them off, but they are almost complete when they arrive.

Britain does build trains. Admittedly it's Canadian and Japanese companies who own the factories, but nevertheless...

I was going to write that even an halfwit could see that I was taking the pee- but then I thought that might cause more offence, so I just amended it. I would of course draw your attention to my comment in post 10. I cannot believe that no one spotted the irony of the post and the self fulfilling prophecy. Never mind, but I hope that clarifies matters.

Derek Stuart

For a man avowedly being apolitical, and sticking purely to economics, you are doing a pretty fair job of politics, and offensive-national-stereotyping-by-suggestion, with your line: "......... remain under merkel's jackboot as a mere satellite of Brussels ........".

Personally, I don't really enjoy being served re-heated Kippers, thinly disguised as The Roast Beef of Olde England at this time of the evening - it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

Kevin

Archived