rr&co points

gwrcollet

The problem I have found that When I run trains over point rr&co programme changes the point when the

Train is half way across, after reading blogs I fitted 10 k resistors on the last wagon, and the point now changes on the last wagon. I have wired the detector rails either sided of the point and not on the point it's self, should I have ??

Gwr collet

Have you set the detectors to have a few seconds delay to turn off. It stops chattering of the detector due to dirty wheels etc.

It helps trains clear points and sections before anything happens. I find two seconds works but longer may be useful in certain situations.

One more question. You mention a 10k resistor on the last wagon. Are there any resistors on the other wagons. Is it a long train.

What may be happening is that RR&Co sees the loco pass and releases the points and then it sees the last wagon. It will think it's another train possibly.

Could you describe a bit more your set up.

• RMweb Premium

The problem I have found that When I run trains over point rr&co programme changes the point when the

Train is half way across, after reading blogs I fitted 10 k resistors on the last wagon, and the point now changes on the last wagon. I have wired the detector rails either sided of the point and not on the point it's self, should I have ??

Gwr collet

As TTG says please list what your basic set up is.

Detection of occupancy of points in not considered necessary with RR&Co although some people do it.

There are plenty of rules and options available to stop points changing when they shouldn't.

Keith

Have you set the detectors to have a few seconds delay to turn off. It stops chattering of the detector due to dirty wheels etc.

It helps trains clear points and sections before anything happens. I find two seconds works but longer may be useful in certain situations.

thank you for taking the time to reply, I have tried this and it has solved my problem

gwr collet

As TTG says please list what your basic set up is.

Detection of occupancy of points in not considered necessary with RR&Co although some people do it.

There are plenty of rules and options available to stop points changing when they shouldn't.

Keith

Hi Keith thanks for your reply very helpfull

Bryan

Archived