O Gauge Guild Show Kettering

two tone green

• RMweb Premium

The Bring & Buy was in a strange location too  :scratchhead:

I have already commented about that on the Guild Forum and have now copied my response below - this was after there was praise for the new admission process though a different door and allowing admissions to the foyer area before the show opened

. . . but not for those who were right next to the door and freezing cold all day. I was lucky to be trading in the main hall but two friends with the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association stand were in the foyer area which was opened up to visitors early with wide open doors and they never got warm all day. Whilst the Association is very grateful for the invitation to attend this event, it was one of the worst for the number of enquiries and items sold. Being so close to the door and opposite the 'Bring and Buy' meant that those arriving rushed past to get to the B&B or into the show or were in a rush again to leave later so hardly anyone stopped at the stand.

Please do not take this as criticism of the fact that they were put there, it's more about the way the entrance area was set out especially as the stand next to them was empty.

Could I also make a suggestion for the Bring and Buy as I tried to look a couple of times and got the impression that the tables were not big enough for the items displayed. There also seemed to be a lack of space for booking in items with the queue for that obstructing those try to see what was for sale. I went there before the show opened to see what had already arrived to find that the doors had been opened and that foyer area was packed. Perhaps the Guild could follow the Bristol example where items for sale are booked in using a separate area and the sales tables are blocked off until the show opens - perhaps the booking in table where 7mmNGA were and screens to block off the sales table until opening time.

Apart from those two observations, it was again a great show and the rest of the entry arrangements seemed to work well with a number of customers commenting positively about being able to get in early to wait in the lounge area and I understand that entertainment was provided at lunch time. Well done to all concerned.

Archived