O Gauge Guild Show Kettering

two tone green

Had a good day there and bought a few things.

Lionheart coaches looking good.

Bought lots of little things plus high point for me was getting an update on my engine shed with a sample of the shed wall and office area being handed over. Will post photo tomorrow.

I even enjoyed the 250 mile drive home. Managed to get through Series One of the brilliant radio program Cabin Pressure. Hilarious but so true !

Just got to add there was a masterpiece of scratch building on show, a pair of early Beattie 2-4-0's, probably the Eagle class from 1862 .

And at Telford he had a LSWR T6.

Stunning workmanship.

Makes you want to throw your soldering iron away.

• RMweb Premium

Enjoyable show, a pity two of the layouts were hidden away in a dimly lit bar. This event needs to highlight layouts as well as traders, of whom there is a declining number. Odd to see no working diesel era layouts. I know this is primarily a trade event but maybe G0G needs to rejuvenate before it's too late?

Dava

• RMweb Premium

I see no photos from Kettering (so far) but having remarked on the layouts,  the smallest was Worcester South Quay by Adrian Searle (who judging by the G0G book on small layouts has a long pedigree in this field). 

It is a masterpiece in perspective. Two views here.

post-14654-0-70019900-1457273329_thumb.jpg

post-14654-0-24784900-1457273345_thumb.jpg

Dava

I see no photos from Kettering (so far) but having remarked on the layouts,  the smallest was Worcester South Quay by Adrian Searle (who judging by the G0G book on small layouts has a long pedigree in this field). 

attachicon.gifWSQ1.jpg

attachicon.gifWSQ2.jpg

Dava

I agree Dava. This is a great layout and the use of brick papers is convincing.

Enjoyable show, a pity two of the layouts were hidden away in a dimly lit bar. This event needs to highlight layouts as well as traders, of whom there is a declining number. Odd to see no working diesel era layouts. I know this is primarily a trade event but maybe G0G needs to rejuvenate before it's too late?

Dava

I agree Dava. Another four or so layouts would be good.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

I will be humbly offering Coxheath Sidings for the Doncaster event. Steam, diesel and (hopefully by then) battery electric power.

Here is the other corner of Worcester South Quay, hard to distinguish in the perspective between the low and flat relief buildings.

post-14654-0-12953100-1457274952_thumb.jpg

Dava

Great show, picked up my blue Falcon & 4 Regent tanks for it to pull.

I also got a few bargain bucket finds like a couple of 5 planks for Withercombe's permanent way department & a 6 wheel milk tank for £20!

I picked up the usual bits & pieces including a Lima BSK for my Class 123's second power car (thanks Phil) & brake gear to finish off my Motorail Flats.

Great to meet up with RMweb'ers & ex-RMweb'ers & O gauge freinds from the Facebook groups.

attachicon.gifWSQ1.jpg

attachicon.gifWSQ2.jpg

Dava

Thanks for posting Dava, looks like a cracking little layout and just my kind of thing! 

Out of interest, when you say small, have you any idea of the rough dimensions of the scenic section?

Cheers,

David

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for posting Dava, looks like a cracking little layout and just my kind of thing! 

Out of interest, when you say small, have you any idea of the rough dimensions of the scenic section?

Cheers,

David

Dimensions not shown on programme, I'd say about 6 feet.

Dava

• RMweb Premium

It would seem that what we saw on Saturday was just part of a bigger modular layout.

See here http://www.sheffieldogaugegroup.org.uk/yeomans%20quay.htm

I will be humbly offering Coxheath Sidings for the Doncaster event. Steam, diesel and (hopefully by then) battery electric power.

Here is the other corner of Worcester South Quay, hard to distinguish in the perspective between the low and flat relief buildings.

attachicon.gifWSQ3.jpg

Dava

I think you will find that it's Alan Searl not Adrian

This was my first visit to the Kettering show, and I must admit I did expect to see more layouts there, in addition to test tracks, however the trade support was very good , the executors & trustees sales stand didn't yield any bargains for me when I found it, did buy some s/h cheap wagons from a trader that was selling off his own collection, didn't see the signs stating ticket entitles "guild members and their Wives" admission that was at Bristol, presumably left over from the 1960s ;-)

Archived