How do I ?

How do I restore an auto-saved reply ?, or are they timed-out after a certain period of time ?

The first reply was, I presumed, auto-saved on the 23rd. Feb. prior to me being hospitalised on the 24th. (I meant to post said reply on the 23rd., but events overtook the opportunity.)

On reaching a semi-vertical posture, and after, previously, spending several post-operative days horizontal, I was allowed back in charge of my own keyboard, i.e Home.

On returning to RMweb and searching for the previously auto-saved content, I found absolutely Ziltch, Zero, Nothing, Nowt.

I have, in the last couple of days, re-composed and, hopefully, auto-saved a Mk.2 of this reply, in the hope it would still be there in the morning..... Result....A complete waste of time, nothing was Auto-saved. Why ?

Sorry to hear you've not been well Frank.

The autosave takes a snapshot every couple of minutes and is only there short term to recover if there's an interruption or you hit the back button in error. If you click in the bottom left hand corner of the text editor box (it should say Last Autosave date/time) it should bring up what was saved.

However it's probably far too long ago to have retained it; unless you open up a reply box in the original topic and look to see if it saved anything.

Sorry to hear you've not been well Frank.

The autosave takes a snapshot every couple of minutes and is only there short term to recover if there's an interruption or you hit the back button in error. If you click in the bottom left hand corner of the text editor box (it should say Last Autosave date/time) it should bring up what was saved.

However it's probably far too long ago to have retained it; unless you open up a reply box in the original topic and look to see if it saved anything.

Very useful to know Mr.Y and I hope Frank feels much better soon BUT, I'm not sure hitting his back button will help him get better sooner choose your words very carefully matey  :friends:

Archived