Dapol 156

59004 ( was Shedcombe....)

Hi,

Anyone able and willing to take a high resolution picture for me, straight on of the front of a Dapol 153 or 156 please ?

I could do with straight on of the side area of the cab as well.

Especially the view of the coupling and its size in relation to the model are important.

If you also own a Bachmann 150 or Hornby 153 in 00, then preferably with this 150 / 153 standing next to it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Michel

Ste,

I was looking for straight on pictures, for easiest comparing against 00.

Your pictures do not allow such, unfortunately.

I'm contemplating using the ( Tomix ) couplings as a base for BSI's in 00.

Can you please measure up the box/head/house of the coupling for me ( with a digital caliper preferably ) and tell me the height and width of the box ?

Regards, Michel

Michel, whilst I haven't had chance to compare them, whilst I was holding a friend's 156 a while ago, I did think how much better suited (size wise) the couplers would be for 4mm. Hope it works out

cheers

jo

Hi Jo,

I've tried to scale-match front shots ( as much straight on as possible ) of Dapol 153/156 versus Bachmann 150/Hornby 153, and have also come to the conclusion that the overall box size will very nearly match the size of the 00 scale moulds done by Bachmann and Hornby. The boxes of the Tomix couplers, as used by Dapol, are roughly 3mm wide and 2mm high. They seem to click together with some force, and pulling apart is likewise.

I will change them, altering shape, adding the lower pin and electrical box and make the locking/unlocking mechanism DCC controlled.

You can get these couplings with and without the boxes below, while these both come in a close coupling mechanism, colours black or grey, pre-assembled, and in sets of 6.

The prices is then about 1,200 Japanese Yen.

You can get these couplings without the boxes below, without the close coupling mechanism, as kits of 24 couplings.

The price is then about 500 Japanese Yen.

I've just ordered 5 kit sets ( 120 couplings !!! ), with cheapest shipping option, and total cost is just shy of 25 Euro / 22 GBP !!!!!!

Roll on scale-ish BSI couplings, DCC controlled !!!!!!

Regards, Michel

Archived