Help-EMOTICONS

The Emoticoms do not always appear  and I cannot say "Thanks" for likes.

How can this be corrected/enabled?

If the symbol appears washed out, click on it and it will appear normal. Then all will work, assuming that refers to your question.

Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

My enquiry/question was posted March 23 and since then the post according to the post count has been seen by over 120 individuals.

Yet I have no answer.

The problem only arises with the posts I make, with those I receive from others, it doesn't.

May I have a postive response please, from somebody who has an answer.

The effect is, of course, that I appear impolite in not acknowleding promptly by a "thanks" or similar, "likes"  that an individual (or individuals) has  (have) taken time and effort in kindly sending me.

• RMweb Premium

My enquiry/question was posted March 23 and since then the post according to the post count has been seen by over 120 individuals.

Yet I have no answer.

The problem only arises with the posts I make, with those I receive from others, it doesn't.

May I have a postive response please, from somebody who has an answer.

The effect is, of course, that I appear impolite in not acknowleding promptly by a "thanks" or similar, "likes" that an individual (or individuals) has (have) taken time and effort in kindly sending me.

There is no facility to "rate" your own postings. To thank people for their ratings will need a new post. Thanks would be for the content of a post not thanking people for their ratings. I could have answered earlier but thought you would be swamped.

You could for example rate this post thanks, whereas I cannot. So when you view this post you will see the emoticons, but I do not see them.

• RMweb Gold

The only way I know of that I can thank someone who "likes" or whatever one of my posts is:

Either:  Send them a PM to say thanks  - but that can clutter up people's inboxes.

Or:  If it is a particularly relevant emoticon write another post in which I can also thank them.  I use this if I encounter a lot of "likes" or whatever plus posts from others giving me more information or asking me questions.

Quite often I look at posts made in other threads by those who "like" or whatever my posts and when relevant "like" or whatever their posts.

David

Thanks to all three of you for responding. I do appreciate it.

I must have been dreaming or not paying enough attention-reminds me of my school days of long ago- and I now understand. I checked back to post#1 on my Hintock thread and I can see I've never had that facility.

But the way I have been handling it is to say "thanks" by a PS on Edit. It works nicely.

I think we can regard this correspondence, as closed.

Archived