Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bizarre Elite programing issue

Steamy Bill

Hi

I have a bizarre issue with my Elite. When I try to use loco address 24 or 25, the loco does not move. I can turn lights on using f0 / f1 but changing direction does not change which lights are on. This was previously working. Loco will also not move in either direction.

I am using direct programming on a programming track which is hard wired through a switch.

I have tried changing chips (both Hornby and Bachmann) to no avail. I can programme these chips to other numbers - 30+ is looking hopeful. Has anyone seen this before? Initially i thought it was a chip issue, but changing chips and locos has made no difference.

Any ideas?

• RMweb Gold

Stemy Bill,

Have you been creating consists in the past?

The most likely reason is the elite has 24 and 25 defined as the second loco in a consist address, decoders on that address then wont respond to other commands see if you can desolve the consist. a reset of the elite should cure it. But you will need to know the address of the consist as that will be different from 24 and 25, and unfortunatly the interface on the elite to my knowledge doesent show you what consists you have defined...

I used to have a similar issue when i "forgot" what consist addresses i had defined...

nothing wrong with the elite itself, i only traded mine in for an ECoS because of the high end functions the ECoS offers but ive found the ECoS to have just as many quirks as the elite does....

You could go for Hornby Railmaster with your Elite, which allows for very simple double header setup from a pick list.

You do not say which update revision state your Elite is at. This is important as many early revision state glitches have been resolved.

Current latest rev state, downloadable from the Hornby site, is v1.42 which updates great on XP, Vista and Win 7 but can be a royal PITA if trying to do it on Win 8, 8.1 and even 10. Even on the good platforms you may have to give it a few goes to do the business.

Tip: the longer the update bar takes to move across the screen the better the chance it is that it is going to work.

Flash forward on the bar - guaranteed failure.

Archived