Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Malvern Road / Pates junction

Pigwife007

Hi Dan, Looks really good mate, cant wait to see more Motive Power on Shed.

Excellent work.

Hi Andy I think I'm going to try and up load a small vid from my iPad. Totally unsure how to but I will give it a go. You might even notice a class 42 you've seen before. Well hear goes. I was having a western freight day. It is certainly needs to be edited. Just a trial I guess

Dan

Hi Dan, are you aware that it needs up-loading to You-Tube before coming on here?

Hi Andy I've just worked that out also. I will try to sort that out when I get time later in the week.

I will get some one at work to show me.

Thanks again Dan

• 6 months later...

Whoops

Just pressed the bump topic button. Just goes to show i havnt been on the web for a while.

Alot has changed on other people's blogs and layouts in recent month. I best pull my finger out

Happy modelling Dan

I do like that bridge. Is it kit or scratch built?

Cheers

Darius[/

Hi Darius

The bridge is a Noch kit well three. I used the supports that came with it modified for the two ends. I then found two of the centre pillars on eBay. It then took nearly eight months to phone every U.K. Model shop to find the other two. One of which ended coming from the States. I nearly gave up.

It's done now. Though now the layouts more or less finished I seem to have lost my mojo. I may even sell it. So if anybody

Is interested it will be cheap. Plus there is a huge amount of sound fitted stock and boxes of unused stock

Thanks Dan

• 3 months later...

I finally got some trains running today whilst I was deciding wether to keep the layout or not.

The idea was to spend a little time cleaning all the loco wheels and making sure everything was running fine. I did most of the desiel fleet but didn't get time to inbox the green ones. apart from a two minute cheese and pickle sandwich I've had ten hours of uninterrupted enjoyment ( the family was out). It's now getting close to sun set

Now I'm thinking really I should keep it and carry on. I'd forgotten how good these locos look and sound.

Thought I'd share so pics as I know most enjoy a good line up

Dan

post-26751-0-28974800-1500838633_thumb.jpg

post-26751-0-61286400-1500838788_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I finally got some trains running today whilst I was deciding wether to keep the layout or not.

The idea was to spend a little time cleaning all the loco wheels and making sure everything was running fine. I did most of the desiel fleet but didn't get time to inbox the green ones. apart from a two minute cheese and pickle sandwich I've had ten hours of uninterrupted enjoyment ( the family was out). It's now getting close to sun set

Now I'm thinking really I should keep it and carry on. I'd forgotten how good these locos look and sound.

Dan

No idea why the first pics were upside down. Any ideas anyone

There they sit most wheels now cleaned and an early finish from work tomorrow to have a little play

Thinks me.

Dan

post-26751-0-64407700-1500839358_thumb.jpg

post-26751-0-29340300-1500839474_thumb.jpg

post-26751-0-64481500-1500839548_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Dan

where you in Australia by any chance?

Excellent Dan, looking even better on the Video.

Thanks Andy It took me long time to learn how to do this.

Hope you spotted your old blue warship in the fleet.

Try hard now to upload the longer and better vids I have. For some reason they won't down load on to YouTube

They are less than ten minutes long which I thought was ok?????

Thanks Dan

• Like 1

where you in Australia by any chance?

Oh no I have very strong magnets under the track so I can tip it upside down to remove the loose ballast

Please don't try this at home it may not be successful for every body

Well I am still struggling to up load from ipad to you tube. So I can post on hear. Not sure if it problem with connection or the app I'm using. This is the best I can do so far

The 56 has a large speaker.

It's by far a noisy brut

Danhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwCnlwDHNI

Hi Dan, If you remove the ''s'' from the https you will get a picture instead of just a link.

Good to see the Old Warship doing Stirling service in the pics above, just going to watch the Video.

Hi Andy I will try that.

My big problem just seems to be getting the vid on to YouTube. Keeps dropping out before finishing the upload

Any way I spent more time in my train room in the last week than I spent in the last six months.

So things are looking up

Ps yes I did find my mojo it was in that rather large class 56 speaker. It really does blast out the noise

Thanks for approval

Dan

• Like 1

Hi Andy I will try that.

My big problem just seems to be getting the vid on to YouTube. Keeps dropping out before finishing the upload

Any way I spent more time in my train room in the last week than I spent in the last six months.

So things are looking up

Ps yes I did find my mojo it was in that rather large class 56 speaker. It really does blast out the noise

Thanks for approval

Dan

My 10 minute Video takes about 2 1/2 hours to up load, goodness knows how long my 1 hour backscene painting one will take, hahaha

Nice one Dan, I like the bits on the end of the Platform, :O  I have the same, :no:  hahah but managed to miss them on my Videos, :sungum: hahah

Yes it's surprising when you clean the tracks what oddments you find. Then the challenge is to work out what they belong too and then

Of course finding how and time to refit them. I must say most of what I have done has been inspired mainly by you. The next thing on the list is revisit the scenery and do better. I'm really enjoying watching you build yours though it's keeping me away from mine

• 2 weeks later...

Today saw a ticket onlyPullman holiday special.

Powered by duo Royal Oak and Dragon an 8.45 departure from Malvern Road and then a noisey full power thrash up the enbankment to the single track viaduct ( not yet named any ideas welcomed pleas) in to Pates Junction

At that point the train was nearly at full capacity before it blasted south to Weston Supermare full of

Very excited family's and of course the usual spotters

This is the start of my western desiel running session for the next week or two.

post-26751-0-23094600-1501964549_thumb.jpg

post-26751-0-32513700-1501964615_thumb.jpg

post-26751-0-03327900-1501964661_thumb.jpg

post-26751-0-52219300-1501964709_thumb.jpg

post-26751-0-36726200-1501964757_thumb.jpg

post-26751-0-45052600-1501964803_thumb.jpg

post-26751-0-09636200-1501965024_thumb.jpg

post-26751-0-39562800-1501965193_thumb.jpg

• Like 3