Anonymous MPD

Coder Tim

Hey folks,

I've finally started building the MPD I was asking for help designing (http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/107438-small-cramped-mpd/ ).

I can't think of a name for it, so I'm not going to as I don't have to come up with signboards or anything.

Baseboards are six mm ply and probably best described by an image (attached).

Started laying some plain track but there's a limit to how far I can go with that before I need to build some turnouts, just need to get some Finetrax chairs before I can get on with that.  The plain track is Finetrax flexi.  The ash plant is the Scenecraft one.  The turntable is the Peco kit to which I've added a platform with a crank and brake lever.  I'll also add a steam pipe sooner or later.  Sorry for the poor photo quality, had to take them on my phone.  I need to find a better way of doing that...

Tim

post-26281-0-20270900-1459633550_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-89826700-1459633555_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-48704800-1459633625_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi Tim

Having read the other thread I think your are on a winner with this layout. Too many people make a depot layout without thinking how the locos are to be serviced. "Oh I like this shed building" is the normal starter, when in reality hardly anything moves inside the shed. Most the action is around the coal and ash areas. I look forward to seeing how this develops.

Archived