Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Rochelle Illinois Webcam

I don't want to make it any worse for you but it is busy today. I just walked in from the garden to see a Chicago bound UP mixed with what I think was a loco LPG car towards the rear. It was the same as the CN one in the attached pic but white with yellow ends. Shame I was too slow to get a save a pic of it. Are UP still trying LPG out on their diesels?

post-6766-0-50878000-1466427436.jpg

Edited by brian daniels
  • Like 1

Brian, as far as I can find out the UP no longer using Fuel Tenders of any kind, so not sure what you might have seen - unless one of the LNG tanks in storage is being moved somewhere?  

The new fuel tenders on the FEC are funny looking things, consisting of a single container well car adapted to carry the tank and assorted LNG paraphernalia.  Compared to diesel fuel it seems to require a lot of additional processes on board the locomotive/fuel tender before it can be used as fuel.

• RMweb Premium

I'm staying at Rochelle at the moment - have been advised that joint BNSF and UP engineering staff will cut over signalling to the new signal bridges and start cutting down the old ones from 06:30 Central Time tomorrow -  typical - I come here for the trains and get engineering work ! !   The staff appear to be staying at the same Super 8 as me judging by the large collection of UP and BNSF trucks in the car park..

Chris 

• RMweb Gold

You could take up spotting maintenance of way vehicles!!

It was very busy for a while last night. We wer due to be at Rochelle this weekend but plans changed due to the price of flights.

A gantry would span not just our garden but next doors too.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that jewel, it didn't stop them running through the darkness, around 3 AM local time I heard three go noisily by.

The BNSF bridges have both gone - Hulcher dealt with them. UP are doing theirs in house - heads have gone from the old bridges and the low boy has turned up for the first of UP bridges - sometime later today, once the backlog of freight has been cleared!  UP 5601 West just passing with coal empties. Loud !!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

There have been a few GP15s through there in recent weeks but normally just one in the consist.

Haven't watched the webcam for a little while as been watching UP etc in the flesh.

Currently sitting in Widmerpool Brothers brewery watching freight move in Albina yard.

• Like 2