Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Leeds MRS Exhibition 2016

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

We are going to put some signs up to get you from the car park to the school buildings this year. All I have to do is remember some screws to fasten the signs to the posts!

• RMweb Premium

A change to our society attendance...the NMRA guys realised that they will be at their convention this weekend so won't be attending.

The quality of the layout already up and running before I left tonight is very high. Traders are putting on a good display as well so bring on tomorrow.

Baz

• RMweb Premium

but added attraction.. a 3D printer demo form our Secretary Andy Morris who is busy making some culverts for the new club OO layout Chapel en le Frith.. fascinating to watch and hear!

baz

• RMweb Premium

Breakfast available at the show till 11:30, lunch time special main course, pudding and tea or coffee £5

Other refreshments available from the Refectory ....

Baz

• RMweb Premium

I managed to get to lunch at 2pm.. lost of people having a go at weathering with lots of questions on that and other subjects..

I did get a look at some of the layouts and well impressed by their quality.

but guess who forgot the camera...doh!

Baz

• RMweb Premium

Had a great, if somewhat tiring day today. I really enjoyed chatting to everyone who stopped by and can only apologise if I got distracted with the operating whilst waffling on. Didn't really get chance to look round but what I did see, I thought it was a great selection of layouts (dare I say much better than last year).

I'm looking forward to tomorrow; in the meantime, here's the one and only shot I got of our layout which, as is clear, is because I wanted a photo of the Ruston.

post-9707-0-34003200-1477768998_thumb.jpg

Had a good day even having spending money with Arkwright on spuds before the show opened. Plus PO wagons book 14 from Bill Hudson.

Spoke with various friends and looked at many nice layout.

• RMweb Premium

At the end of the show no offers for regis bay so it will now be stripped of track and useable items before being scrapped..

A view down the dock

post-7650-0-50641000-1477865126_thumb.jpg

the steam crane

post-7650-0-48520300-1477865119_thumb.jpg

the other dock crane - now sold

post-7650-0-09791000-1477865554_thumb.jpg

the fiddle yard

post-7650-0-65940100-1477865538_thumb.jpg

and the station

post-7650-0-39237900-1477865564_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all of our visitors!

Baz

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully our visitors enjoyed the show. We have made a surplus which is good and now we are preparing for our 63rd Exhibition which will celebrate the 70th Birthday of the leeds Model Railway Society

It will be held at the Grammar School at Leeds

on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th October 2017

Baz

Archived