Past Topic - LNER 'might have beens'

Recently there was a topic on LNER 'might have beens' which included a drawing of a proposed V2 looking like a smaller version of Cock of the North. Can someone point me to the topic as I have lost the thread.

Thanks,

MACooper

Thanks Rob,

Just trawled there but no luck.

The post showed 3 or 4 projected designs from the LNER drawing offices which included a V2 with streamlining as per the original P2.

Have tried several words in Search but all with no luck so far.

I hoped the originator would spot my post and point me in the right direction.

Maurice Cooper

Hi Maurice,

Sounds like it was a most interesting thread, no wonder you want to track it down!

May i suggest that you make your topic title more explanatory like "Hunting down the topic on LNER might have beens"?

Or maybe this as a subtitle, perhaps!

I do know that it can take a couple of days for some topics to appear in the search results, so do keep trying there too.

Cheers,

John E.

Doh! - look who beat me to it!!!!!

Cheers Andy!

Thanks for your replies.

After having my 'senior moment', (several in fact), I had an inspiration and found the article in the LNER Encyclopedia postings.

Sorry for misleading you all but if anyone is intersted the article is entitled Variations on the V2.

The first drawing was a should have been in my opinion.

Maurice Cooper

Thanks for your replies.

After having my 'senior moment', (several in fact), I had an inspiration and found the article in the LNER Encyclopedia postings.

Sorry for misleading you all but if anyone is intersted the article is entitled Variations on the V2.

The first drawing was a should have been in my opinion.

Maurice Cooper

There is also seperates thread on a P10 tank engine build, a W1 conversion of the Hornby A4 etc which is a excellent

http://www.lner.info....php?f=3&t=2443

Archived