Easy-Build mk1 coaches in 7mm

Hello all,

we are looking to build a layout based around the Scottish borders in approx 1986 (banger blue). The problem is that we have started to get the coaches together from J.L.T.R.T. for the Mk1 rakes but they have now been with-drawn for some up dates.

So we have a few questions that we would like to ask.

1] How well do the Easy-build compare to the J.L.T.R.T. for looks and size?

2] do they stand out if they are in a mixed rake?

This maybe the start of the questions, so if any one would like to post any photos of the two makes next to each other we would appreciate them.

TFAH

OzzyO.

PS. I may post this in the 7mm section as well. 

Hi Paul,

Each post in a topic has a sequence number...  in the right hand corner of the post header...  shown as 'hash number'.  The sequence number is an URL in disguise...  open the link in a new window tab and copy the address from the browser address bar.  Paste the address into your new post.

Hi OzzyO.

I've not used the JLTRT Mk1 kits before so can't offer advice on comparisons but I have built a few EasyBuild Mk1s and, compared to the price of the JLTRT ones, they are great.

They go together well and as far as I can tell, are dimensionally correct. The only down side that I can see is that the window frames on the bodysides are not flattened (recessed), like the real ones are. The panes themselves are flat and for me, this does not detract from the overall appearance.

Cheers.

Sean.

post-27442-0-48520500-1464903803.jpg

Hi OzzyO.

I've not used the JLTRT Mk1 kits before so can't offer advice on comparisons but I have built a few EasyBuild Mk1s and, compared to the price of the JLTRT ones, they are great.

They go together well and as far as I can tell, are dimensionally correct. The only down side that I can see is that the window frames on the bodysides are not flattened (recessed), like the real ones are. The panes themselves are flat and for me, this does not detract from the overall appearance.

Cheers.

Sean.

attachicon.gifDSCN5228.jpg

Hello Sean,

IIRC all the window glass was flat in Mk1s, and the only windows that were recessed were the drop-lights in the doors.

Looking at your photo they look like Mk1s to me. I think that I'll get one and give it a try.

Thanks for the photo.

OzzyO.

PS this link should take you to the same question in 7mm modelling http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/111741-easy-build-mk1-coaches-in-7mm/?p=2325842

Hi OzzyO.

I could probably be a bit more specific in trying to get my point across actually. What I meant was that the glazing is flat - as per prototype, but the etched windows follow the profile of the bodyside when in actual fact they too should be flat.

To this novice, it really is a minor point and certainly doesn't detract from the overall view of the model to me.

Cheers.

Sean.

Archived