Does anybody make/sell 1/43 scale wheels and tyres for British lorries of the 1950s and 60s?

Lloyd.L

As the title says, I am looking for 1/43 lorry wheels and tyres for any British lorries of the 1950s and 60s, and for the Bedford TK in particular for a current project. Any ideas please?

Regards, Lloyd

It's worth having a look at the spares boxes on the Langley Models stand at Exhibitions, if you can find one, as they have some useful wheels, but perhaps a bit limited in 0 Gauge, to get an idea:-

http://www.langley-models.co.uk/acatalog/Wheels.html

Or a couple on Shapeways site

http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=1%2F43+wheels&type=

Peter

As the title says, I am looking for 1/43 lorry wheels and tyres for any British lorries of the 1950s and 60s, and for the Bedford TK in particular for a current project. Any ideas please?

Regards, Lloyd

Depending on the level of detail and authenticity you require, it may be worth looking at some of the 1/50 scale models as a source of wheels - those from a heavy truck in 1/50 could work well on a lighter truck in 1/43, reducing the number of wheel nuts if necessary to suit your prototype and period. There are always bargains to be had at toyfairs, and there are lots of cheap plastic toys on the market with possibilities. 

A lot of good answers there, thank you all. I will follow them all up.

Gialloblu, it just so happens that my other hobby is scratchbuilding 1/43 slotcars. I have had it in mind to make and fit inserts to turned aluminium slotcar wheels if I cant find the correct pattern wheels elsewhere.

This is the actual lorry I am trying to replicate:

5-22-2008_007-800p21213721095_zpsf3yiiej

Regards, Lloyd.

Have a look at the Corgi Classics Bedford TK, although it's in 1/50 scale the wheels represent the middleweight 20 inch range, whereas those on your AC Cars TK prototype are the 7.5 ton 16 inch type, so should be suitable. Those Corgis can be found quite cheaply at toyfairs or car boot sales.

Good luck with the model!

There was a range of 7mm vehicle kits which went under the name of "Classic Commercials". These kits were the brain child of the late Bob Barlow.  Following Bob's sad death are they still available? don't know if a TK was part of the range though.   

There was a range of 7mm vehicle kits which went under the name of "Classic Commercials". These kits were the brain child of the late Bob Barlow.  Following Bob's sad death are they still available? don't know if a TK was part of the range though.

The AEC heavy trucks were taken on by ABS - not sure about others in the range.

It's worth having a look at the spares boxes on the Langley Models stand at Exhibitions, if you can find one, as they have some useful wheels, but perhaps a bit limited in 0 Gauge, to get an idea:-

http://www.langley-models.co.uk/acatalog/Wheels.html

Or a couple on Shapeways site

http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=1%2F43+wheels&type=

Peter

If there's one thing about Shapeways that seriously p133es me off it is having to trawl through 42,000 results for 1/43 truck wheel.

What sort of pathetic search result is that for crying out loud? Maybe I'm not entering the 1/43, truck and wheel in the correct way, but I can't find any way to narrow it down to what I want. Any advice please?

A lot of good answers there, thank you all. I will follow them all up.

Gialloblu, it just so happens that my other hobby is scratchbuilding 1/43 slotcars. I have had it in mind to make and fit inserts to turned aluminium slotcar wheels if I cant find the correct pattern wheels elsewhere.

This is the actual lorry I am trying to replicate:

5-22-2008_007-800p21213721095_zpsf3yiiej

Regards, Lloyd.

Couple of ideas what to look for 1/50 Corgi and also Modelsupplies.co.uk are very good for parts. Hope it helps.

post-9384-0-89615400-1466626578_thumb.jpg

post-9384-0-51782700-1466626986_thumb.jpg

The Radley whitemetal wheels are very nice, but when I enquired about availability at a show last year I was told that they were produced along with other parts on the same sprues to make casting efficient, therefore it would not be possible to supply as separate items.

I wonder what Model-u would say if I turned up at an exhibition wheeling a 10.00 x 20wheel assembly to have scanned.......

Archived