Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Network SouthEast at 30

nse47

Hi guys and girls

Just a thought and apologies if this is in the wrong catagory but how about a thread to celebrate the launch of Network SouthEast 30 years ago with a mix of everyones NSE photos combined together?

• RMweb Gold

I think its something thats really missing on the network today. At the time it introduced the revolutionary concept of "One Railway for London" - and now we are all fragmented again.

I think its something thats really missing on the network today. At the time it introduced the revolutionary concept of "One Railway for London" - and now we are all fragmented again.

It's making a comeback of sorts under the guise of TfL's imperial ambitions, though I don't think we'll see places like Exeter or Worcester considered part of the "south east" again...

You can never be sure.

Today, Shenfied; tomorrow, The World!

(Queue: imperial marching music, the tramp of thousands of feet in step, and low-angle footage of file-after-file of Roman legionnaires marching past, each centurion holding aloft a TfL-roundel on a long pole)

K

Archived