New layout as yet untitled

GWR88

Hello all,

A few weeks back I posted a topic asking about how controversial it would be to model a German re-arming station during WW2 and I had lots of support for the idea so here it is chaps! It doesn't have a name yet so if anybody wants to put forward any please feel free. I'm looking more for a German name than a French one. As I have said many times before in the previous topic but I will say again here for all to see:

I have NO involvement or belief in the ideas and goals of the political party these men fought for, I am simply a modeller wishing to create something a little different for people to see!

The layout will represent a rural tramway terminus being used to transport munitions to and from a tank re-arming facility in use by the 2nd SS tank division 'Das Reich' just after D-Day during June/July 1944 time. The ageing Porter locomotive (Bought from America before the war) is barely going on but the German engineers are keeping it going on its last legs. A large, high wall surrounds the terminus and Normandy bocage surrounds the rest of the area.

post-19101-0-06485500-1465905450_thumb.jpg

You may recognise the tiny baseboard from my failed N gauge project Douglas Creek. Forward march with stripping the old scenery off!

post-19101-0-55309500-1465905455_thumb.jpg

All scenery stripped off and with the help of a rotary tool the fiddleyard exit is widened for the narrow gauge locomotive

post-19101-0-21434800-1465905462_thumb.jpg

The panther waiting for its next coat of paint and its wheels. The panther will hopefully be having Hinterhalt camouflage soon or failing that, green stripes like many late war kubelwagens had. 

post-19101-0-44909000-1465905466_thumb.jpg

With the help of some inspiration photos, I build the side walls for the terminus warehouse. Its thick mounting card scribed with a ball scribing tool. I've tried achieving the broken rendered wall look which seems oh so common in France but we will have to wait for primer to see how good it really looks!

Thats all for now folks and thanks for stopping by to have a look!

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd. I'm not seeing the pictures for some reason. As for the idea, I have no issues with it at all, and look forward to progress.

Hi like you I too don't have any political axe to grind and I think sometimes we stifle our own creativity because some one may take offense at what we are trying to do, I don't hear anyone complaining about war games or the fantasy role play games you can buy on the high street or the TV programme game of thrones, what you are trying to achieve is both part entertainment and part educational in my book, so go for it, I look forward to seeing the finished scene.   

I like the concept of something totally different especially as it is from the same time period as my planned layout although the other side of the channel.

I'm looking forward to seeing this develop.

Archived