Hornby DCC points decoder -

richrail009

In short, yes

but I wouldn't try more than two motors as there is unlikely be enough power provided to do more than that, and never wire any motor to more than one output from the decoder- so don't attempt to use each output for a different route that uses the same point(s) I hope this makes sense.

A crossover from one line to another using two points is is a typical situation where both motors would be wired to the same output as you would always have both points either open or closed.

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

also to add to gareths reply be carefull as i have had a few of the Hornby points decoders fail on me as the motors took to much power.

I was using peco side mounted solinods and had one wirded to each out put on the decoder.

just a word of warning.

cheers

Simon

Thanks Simon for the warning - I shall be aware of the possible problem now. I haven't actually taken delivery of my first point decoder yet, but I'll certainly be interested to see how it performs! I'm presently building my first layout and have yet to complete tracklaying. Great deal of fun with extruded poly foam though - hacking away like a madman :D When I have something to show, I'll put my head above the parapet!!

Archived