6025 King Henry III post war

• RMweb Gold

Can anyone help with a confirmation as to when (or if) this loco ever received the G crest W logo on its tender please?

There is a photo on the Colour Rail website dated as 1/1/46 showing 6025 with Great crest Western on its tender. However I have not found a second source showing this (in case colour rail's date is wrong). There are lots of photos in 1948 after it new experimental BR blue livery, so if it did gain G crest W (and the colour rail photo is right) the livery didn't last long.

Thinking it's something a bit different (and will be a nice change not having to remove the lining and logo from my Hornby King when I renumber...)

• 3 weeks later...

The G crest W was introduced by Hawksworth during the war, I would say it's safe to assume that all the Kings got that version on the tender, being repainted every two years or so. I can't say I've come across a king still carrying the Shirtbutton logo in the late 40's

Unfortunately the Books The power of the kings nor the portrait of the kings has any pictures of her in that condition.

Archived