4mm Resin 325

Ian Fisher

With a few more years under this project than I would of liked I am now at a stage of maybe looking at offering these as a kit, I think the bodyshells are to a good to high standard.

More details of a development can be found in my thread 325 in EM 4mm

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/49996-class-325-royal-mail-unit-in-em/&do=findComment&comment=574370

I am very near completing a set bodyshells for sinking into some RTV.

Any thoughts views feelings, I would love to hear them...

Ian

Edited by Ian Fisher
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Some photos would be good too - I did happen to find that thread the other day, but looking through the last few pictures there were no photos of a finished product.

I model N, so sadly not a prospective buyer - but you need to help your customers at least a bit! Rough cost, are these a scratch aid or a fully finished kit? One piece body shells or sides? Are you proposing to provide pantographs and bogies and everything?

Your thread title could be better too. It reads like Resin 325 are a vendor. I'd go for something like "OO Gauge 325 EMU kit".

Edited by njee20

Ta njee20 for the very positive feedback.

A link was added in the original post

As for cost I've literally a few options I'm not looking at rivalling any more mainstream cottage industry I'm looking at getting body shells available to people

Some photos would be good too - I did happen to find that thread the other day, but looking through the last few pictures there were no photos of a finished product.

I model N, so sadly not a prospective buyer - but you need to help your customers at least a bit! Rough cost, are these a scratch aid or a fully finished kit? One piece body shells or sides? Are you proposing to provide pantographs and bogies and everything?

Your thread title could be better too. It reads like Resin 325 are a vendor. I'd go for something like "OO Gauge 325 EMU kit".

Might be interested in one. I was going to use 466 cabs left over from the 465 conversions I've been doing to try to make my own, but if one comes available it'd save a fair bit of time, price dependant.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Getting there, but Why not post some pictures in this thread? Rather than a link.

Did you actually finish it? The thread seems to end abruptly mid way through, and whilst it looks superb, I'd be most inspired by a finished product.

I could be interested, i see these units daily and have always liked them, but I'd really rather see finished and liveried bodyshells to see how they turned out. what would the options be for motorising? would the underframe components be modelled too? have you got a ballpark cost in mind?

• Like 1

Getting there, but Why not post some pictures in this thread? Rather than a link.

Did you actually finish it? The thread seems to end abruptly mid way through, and whilst it looks superb, I'd be most inspired by a finished product.

Thanks again for your interest, I understand an N gauge model is due soon....

The thread did end abruptly as I lost my partner of sixteen years to cancer, I am just still getting going again in many ways...

• Like 1

I could be interested, i see these units daily and have always liked them, but I'd really rather see finished and liveried bodyshells to see how they turned out. what would the options be for motorising? would the underframe components be modelled too? have you got a ballpark cost in mind?

Hi Gordon,

The bodyshells are to be one piece with a lot of the floor to be cast as one with a few bits then to be added. as for motorising you would have a good range of possibilities.

The inside of the shell not being visible!

As for cost it would be dependent on how well and how many bodies come out of the mould really, I don't intend to do 1000's or at a true commercial level really.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As one of the meaningful approaches I did end up picking up one of the Bratchell kits to convert when this didn't generate enough interest.

I also notice CMAC are producing at least a bodyshell in OO so will have to see what can be made of that.

On 16/12/2021 at 01:00, Ian Fisher said:

Odd how people post in other threads about wanting a 325.....

14 replies...two who PM'd me

a few nutty replies and very few meaningful approaches

maybe the abject lack of progress in your project in the past 5 years and seemingly little or no enthusiasm for you to do anything 

you can hardly claim this thread as a good sales pitch

• Agree 1

cheers for your positive words

4 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

maybe the abject lack of progress in your project in the past 5 years and seemingly little or no enthusiasm for you to do anything 

you can hardly claim this thread as a good sales pitch

• Friendly/supportive 1