• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, birdbath said:

And I still wonder what on earth to do with my 7mm class 60. But that’s another story! What was I thinking?! 😩

Many of us have been there, and thought the same thing, the 7mm bug is dreadful to get rid of!  I got caught with an 08 (well actually 3), which led onto a pair of Class 20s, 31, 37, two 47s, 60 ... an industrial Peckett and a superb scratch built LNER A2 Pacific (which I didn't scratch build) ... really dont have the room for 7mm, but wow they are lovely!  That damm bug never leaves you tho :) I seem to keep relapsing.

The 009 coaches will be nice, I think you will need to provide a sneak preview when you have completed them!

Rich

• 4 months later...

Morning all.

The latest arrival on Guide Dog Bridge is the Cavalex class 56.  I'll happily join the list of people praising this model.  Looks the part, well designed, sounds great, performs great.  An excellent addition to the new generation of models that have appeared in the last year or two.  The vast improvement in standards also pushes the more established mainstream brands to up their game as well.  Great work @RBE, I look forward to the 60.

IMG_2469.JPG.c40a0de4260223804e1118126755df13.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG.d9e0a6efc55e1525a552e67b1e9b6823.JPG

I went for the RF grey version.  Suits them well to my eye.  Better than the red stripe version with the smaller arrows.  Just a personal view.  The only changes I've made are using JMRI to tweak the sound project to my taste.  Other than that,  a light weathering as per my usual techniques and it's done.  There's something very pleasing about firing it up and just having it idling away in the background.

IMG_2473.JPG.529eb1c6b1f102fe8f4e5da271983c13.JPG

Seen here waiting to leave the stabling siding, whilst a 60 runs onto the maintenance shed.  Stretching time frames by a few years, a tired old 'peak' runs past on a Speedlink working in the background.

Cheers,

Roge.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1