If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

New Member with interest in the Midland Railway and its successors

Compound2632

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Apologies if I committed a faux pas by jumping in and starting a forum topic ("More Pre-Grouping wagons in 4mm" in "Kitbuilding/Scratchbuilding") without first introducing myself. I've been following RMWeb for 18 months or so and finding it such a useful resource in my modelling that it seemed churlish not to join and offer something back, for what it's worth.

My interests are in the Midland Railway and its successors, particularly in the Birmingham area; I hope my modelling is informed by historical research - there's plenty published on the Midland, with much more to be found if one is willing to dig in the archives. I have pretentions to model the pre-group period, "circa 1903" but thanks to Messrs Bachmann and Hornby, much of what I actually run is 1950s - 3Fs, 4Fs, 2P, 5MT, 5XP &c.

There are some reflections on my sobriquet in the above forum topic, prompted by Derek's (Mrkirtley800) posting of his superb model of 2631 with her post 1907 number 1000 - of course the NRM Bachmann 1000 is on my 1950s roster!

Regards,

Compound2632

Archived