Bachmann/ EX Olivia's Trains Limited Edition EWS Class 37 32-381N

sc2016

The second class 37 (37418 East Lancashire Railway in EWS livery) that Olivia's Trains cancelled last year seems to have started to appear for sale. It was advertised on Kernow's Model Rail Centre twitter page a couple of days ago.  

The second class 37 (37418 East Lancashire Railway in EWS livery) that Olivia's Trains cancelled last year seems to have started to appear for sale. It was advertised on Kernow's Model Rail Centre twitter page a couple of days ago.

Bachmann have emailed all retailers to see if they would like to order any. We have ordered some and now await dispatch and delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

I see this is starting to appear at retailers. Does anyone know if this model comes with etched nameplates (the printed ones look poor on photos I've seen)?

To answer my own question I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is etched nameplates do come with this model, the bad news is they have a red background which as far as I am aware were never carried by this loco (when 40145 inherited these plates they were painted red).

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think that's his fault - that's bachmanns.

True (or maybe the spec of the original commissioner). My point was the advert lists them as one of the selling points for the model when in reality they are practically useless unless you are really good at precision painting!

True (or maybe the spec of the original commissioner). My point was the advert lists them as one of the selling points for the model when in reality they are practically useless unless you are really good at precision painting!

paint the whole plate black and wait until dry then rub the plate with emery paper to take the paint off the lettering.  Piece of cake and I suspect is probably how the manufacturers make them? 

Archived