Refurbished class 110 interiors

JDW

• RMweb Premium

Hi, Quick question about refurbished (white/blue) class 110s, what colour were the interiors? There's a few pics online but its not always clear whet livery the unit was in. Mainly I need to know the seat colours, bulkheads and curtains would be useful too.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Hi, JDW. I have many photos, etc as well as memories on  these units. The interiors on refurbishment were pretty much the same as the other classes of refurbished DMU's.

The doors, internally, were orange , the same as the entrance vestibules. The other side of those bulkheads were a dark blue, which pretty well matched the blue of the second class seats. First class seats were orange, as were the curtains.

Floors were a mid-brown, with orange carpet in first class. 

I hope this helps. And there is Railcar.co.uk. They have a chapter devoted to the class.

With regards,

Rob.

Hi Market65. I did make the odd notes on DMU interiors back in 1980 and I've included these notes below. However i would suggest a visit to the Railcar site on the link below. A wealth of information on the 110's, (and all other classes as well).   http://www.railcar.co.uk/type/class-110/summary

Here are my notes for what they are worth, and if you can understand them.

BRCW 110

52076* + 59694 + 518094 noted 20/12/80 Blue, *Blue Grey livery.

Interior walls Light Blue except 52076 which where Cream except on wall between cab and compartment  and the walls to the door vestibules, which where Orange.

Paul J.

• RMweb Gold

That is interesting about the orange cab bulkhead. This is how I recall them, it is a photo from my East Yorkshire Railways thread, and I took the photo back in June, 1988.

post-22631-0-01669900-1469375307.jpg

I do not recall seeing one in orange.

With best regards,

Rob.

If it's the one I can remember (also back in the mid to late '80s), the bulkhead was a much paler orange than the door. Of course, after this amount of time passing, my memory could be faulty. I'm sure I took a photo or two rather similar to the one above, but I can't easily locate it at the moment.

That's interesting, Paul: I recall riding in a 110 with orange on the cab bulkhead - was there only the one with that colour scheme?

It appears there was at least one more than the one I saw, 52071, which is now preserved on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite railway. If you go to the link below there are some photos of the interior, which apart from re-upholstery for the seats is original.

http://preserved.railcar.co.uk/52071.html

Paul J.

Archived