If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Old enthusiast new to RMweb.

Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium

Just joined RMweb and felt that an introduction should be the first step.unsure.gif

I`m Shaun the Sasquatch as a resent move to Oregon no longer renders me as Shaun the Sheep.laugh.gif

It should be deemed ambitious due to being barely computer literate but as I build my next layout I aim to show my progress and share my ideas with like minded modelers. After a life of big moves and accidents I finally managed, with help from my wife to build a layout of Dunster in Somerset and and exhibit it over here in Medford Oregon. My first attempt!sad.gif Of which I`d be happy to post a few pictures if anyone is interested.

Interests are in fact NE,NB and Some LMS. I love to sit and kit bash wagons and am eager to advance my coach building skills. The architecture is also a passion. Mrs. Sasquatch is a real gem with the scenic`s So feel free to be envious.tongue.gif

So, the next project is to be another preserved line namely Goathland on the NYMR.

Every journey begins with but a single step!!

Cheers Shaun.wink.gif

• RMweb Premium

A little more info.

The signals are fully working and removable .1mm 3volt lamps soldered to micro filament .

The level crossing works too. (More later).

There is a homemade Heath Robinson style uncoupling system.

And the whole thing breaks down and is in the back of my Ford pickup in about 45 minutes.

Dunster operates as an end to end but is folded around on itself to allow continuous running and measures 16 x6 feet which fits nicely into the spare bedroom.

In due course I will take some more pictures and post them in the gallery and hopefully show off my wife Ieva`s terrific scenery work.

Oh and some more appropriate stock!biggrin.gif

shaun

• RMweb Gold

Welcome Shaun icon_wave.gif Good to see a model of Dunster, I've always liked that station. The station building looks a bit different from the Hornby kit. Did you add a new outer layer or is it not the kit?

That Heath Robinson uncoupling system sounds interesting, hope we get to see it smile.gif

• RMweb Premium

Mornin all,

. . . .

Looks like I`d better get the camera out then.

Yes the station started life as the Hornby kit as did the Signal box, I used Wills and ratio products to bring then up to standard and scratch built the goods shed.

• RMweb Gold

Wonderful! I saw your photos in the gallery section too just now. Very atmospheric.

Those two types in trench coats look like trouble. Undercover inspectors from paddington perhaps? biggrin.gif

• RMweb Premium

The advantage of a roundy roundy layout is that you can leave someone else in charge(in this case my good friend Robert from the Netherlands) And go shop the exhibition and browse the exhibitsbiggrin.gif post-8964-126893435186_thumb.jpg

Archived