Yellow wheel tyres ?

bike2steam

I've got a few Hornby locos to service for a friend, and have noticed a couple of the locos ( an 8F, and RR Evening Star ) have got driving wheels with a goldish/yellowish finish on the tyres - even after cleaning up - why ?????

• RMweb Gold

I've got a few Hornby locos to service for a friend, and have noticed a couple of the locos ( an 8F, and RR Evening Star ) have got driving wheels with a goldish/yellowish finish on the tyres - even after cleaning up - why ?????

Nothing to worry about  - all my Hornby loco's have gone this way - doesn't affect the running in my experience. Most problems stem from failed pick up arrangements as discussed elsewhere.

Worn through the plating to the brass.

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking :sungum: , the thickness of the plating must vary between thin, and very thin.

Nothing to worry about  - all my Hornby loco's have gone this way - doesn't affect the running in my experience. Most problems stem from failed pick up arrangements as discussed elsewhere.

Thanks, but Hornby pick-ups usually get  an improvement by me, I'm not too keen on their system. 

Archived