Genesis Warflat Bogie question

HI,

I have taken the plunge and I am attempting to build a Genesis warflat, this is the first ever time I have attempted a wagon kit and I am after some advice about how the bogie goes together please ..

I have taken a few pictures to try and explain it a bit clearer.

The kit itself has two T shaped sections for the bogie, firstly is the big long bit supposed to be sticking out of it or shoul dthis be removed? I thought it might catch everytime the wagon negotiated a corner?? Remember its new to me so please laugh along with me and not at me... :D

Picture showing the T section

post-6849-126839667328_thumb.jpg

Now the following pictures show how I think it goes together but this is only guess work because the instructions don't make it clear to me. (only placed together not fixed)

post-6849-126839674396_thumb.jpgpost-6849-126839675687_thumb.jpgpost-6849-126839677197_thumb.jpg

I would be grateful of your advice as I know there is a wealth of experience out here..

Thankyou in anticipation. Oh and yes I am enjoying my dabble at kit building, Ive probably got it all wrong but at least I'm enjoying it..

Thanks

Scott

Hi,

I think the 'big long bit' as you put it should face outwards (opposite to your photo) as I think its intended for fixing a tension lock coupling to the end of it.

However as the warflat has end jacks then the coupling would interfere if you attached it to the bogie to let it pivot.

I would recommend fixing the couplings to the body of the wagon and removing the 'big long bit'.

A lot depends on what sort of couplings you are using.

Looks good so far

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Yes it seems to be intended for the coupling to be glued to as long as you don't fit the jacks. Personally I'm using kadees body mounted but if you want tension locks then either fit a wider version like the older Bachmann ones to allow play on corners or even add a modern slimline one that is pivoted behind the bufferbeam and add a bit of springy wire to the back end to act as a centre spring limit it with some blocks glued to the chassis.

post-6968-12684051535_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the quick response, I have now built the kit and I decided to fit it with the bar round the opposite way, ie for the coupling to attach, which seems to be confirmed by PaulRhb too. So thanks very much, I will post a picture of the finished product, next step is to paint it.

I actually feel like I have achieved something. And what a nice feeling that is.

Cheers

Scott

Archived