Fire Buckets by Bachmann

After finding that Bachmann supply two fine scale fire buckets for the 4mm scale Woody Bay station, rather than the real eight, I bought a set of ten more from ebay, excellent product, very fine mouldings etc., but none have FIRE printed on them.

Any body got any suggestions as to where transfers could be sourced with the minute, but rather important word FIRE on them. The letters would be under a mm high, but being white they show a lot on the red background.

Any ideas? apart from hand painting them!

I had wondered about an inkjet print on photo paper with the red background, and peeling the print off to make a label rather than a transfer, but the paper remains too thick and shows.

Any body seen small transfers for these buckets?

Stephen

The Railtec would do, as would any small lettering, even rub on. I thought most were white, but photos seem to suggest most are in black. I may try white with a very fine point ink pen, black will not show at all well. If black is needed then a fine waterproof ink pen could be used on scrap transfer paper and cut out to use. As far as I know fine white ink pens are not waterproof ink.

post-6750-0-14581800-1470915943_thumb.jpg

The current Woody Bay ones are white lettering.....

Thanks for the suggestions.

Stephen

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=1149

Railtec look like the perfect answer - looks like they will make up words you need in the right size to save you cutting individual letters and lining them up.

Absolutely. For something as small as this - life's too short to be cutting out and trying to line up tiny letters. PM me with details of how many are needed, what colour and what dimensions, and we'll get a quote to you.

Archived