Rimenough Mpd (EWS DCC sound)

Piemanlarger

Been busy Shooting of late but did get into the model room today and prepared 3 x class 60 for soundproofing when the base reflex speakers arrive next week.

Got a few small jobs to do on New Rimenough, but they are likley to take a back seat as I want to finish (as finished as any ;ayout is) Oliver's Road RMD in the coming Months!

• 2 weeks later...

Couple more class 60 ready for action, though there wont be much as Rimenough is having a break (in the middle!) while i take it down and finish Oliver's Road Rmd.

anyway, class 60045 & 60070 are ready for service. Both have light weathering and of course sound.

60070.jpg

60070roof.jpg

60070cab.jpg

60045cab.jpg

60045dooropen.jpg

60045roof.jpg

60045.jpg

Three friends

3x60cabs.jpg

And the fleets So far!

5x60.jpg

Shame,

looking forward to the next update in I hope the not to distant future biggrin.gif

Not sure when it will go back up. as it is its sitting on top of Oliver's road now so there i potential to run both, one on top of the other!

Dought I will get round to doing any layout work on Rimenough until September now, its going to Cirencester model railway show 1st weekend in October for a 2 day show so will finish off the small jobs before then.

Locos / rolling stock will be worked on before that however.

Hi Lewis, may well stretch to another couple or three class 60.

Presently i have

4 x class 66

4 x class 67

8 x class 60

18 x class 37

1 x class 47

1 class 158

Plan to add a 153 for a duel period layout a friend and I will be building this year.

Probably going to ship at least three class 37 as i have too many!

All are sound chipped!

What happened to 33030?

18 tractors,that would sound good when all starting up a once! tongue.gif biggrin.gif

I sold alot of the sound stuff, the class 20 pair, the 33 (worst sound chip ever!), the 50, the mk 1 class 47 plius the steam i used to own.

lol, i often mass start up 6 or so class 37, will do the full fleet when they are all ready!

hi

what sound chip did the 33 have?

Id love to have that many sound locos one day,so far I have 1 but that is better than none!! biggrin.gif

Regards

Lewis

It was a MrSoundguy one via Dcc supplies.

I started with 1, taken 5 years get here?

Ill save up for 5 years and may be Ill have more sound,ill have to wait and see! biggrin.gif cool.gif

At the mo Im looking forward to testing 60048 on arpley street,then there will be two ews sound layouts on rm web! wink.gif smile.gif

Cheers

Lewis

Dont forget to adda bass speaker to the 60!

Hi

where do you get bass speakers from? :)

Ive seen that a few people have added them to RTR sound 60s but I think that job will be some way off yet as im not that keen taking apart any model for electrical alterations,especially a sound loco! :lol:

Thanks for the tip though ;)

Lewis

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Right, time to re-erect New Rimenough and continue finishing off before the October show turns up!

Mmmm, good plan. But with only 2 days left i have not done a thing!

Good job there are only a few small jobs need doing before Cirencester this weekend!

Well, the couple of jobs that needed doing have been done (Lighting change on the depot).

All was working before the layout was taken down for transport Saturday morning

As long as it all works when re-assembled, you just never know lol:D

Mainly a 60's weekend this time out I think. Not beetles but Tugs!

A good weekend on the whole. Layout ran well despite some chap who for reasons beyond me, wanted to view the layout from the Depot "End". He kicked the end stand, not once, but twice! The second shunt moved the boards! Must insist on some sort of barrier from now on, even if its the strap type?

Had a bit of re-jigging to do before sundays running but the layout ran well as did most of the stock really.

I turned the sound down lower this weekend than I have run them before.

From 15 ft away with the room empty (before opening Sunday) you could not hear the locos. Ideal hearing distance in the show was about 3- 6 ft. This was fine unless trying to hear the loco at the far end of the layout, so need to turn them back up a touch.

St..Andrews road was about 30 foot away from me with a load of sound fitted class 66 and a spattering of 67. Trouble was, with their volume on full I could hear those locos over mine. I kept wondering why my 67 were starting up without me pressing any buttons lol. Thank god I left my 66 at home this weekend!

We had a breif loco exhance, a 37 departed Rimenough and a Fastline 56 arrived. Was told it was Howes sound. However, i was not overly impressed as with just one speaker under the fan and on full volume, the quality of the sound was poor. Lots of vibrating noise really as if the speaker was not secured properly? Just think, from my own experience that the problem of distorted sound on the model was due to running to high a volume, it was very loud.

What was nice is that despite not having time for railways during the summer, i really enjoyed the weekend and playing trains.

Looking forward to Thornbury MRC show at the end of November now, that will more than likley be the layouts last outing, though it is also going to the Barry & Penarth Open day mid november, new 08 will be the depot shunter for those shows too!.

Rimenough

Once of Dyseth road, now out of service on Rimenough, 37684 is blocked in by 67001, also out of work with no mail today!

3767.jpg

Lets talk about work, its not as taxing as doing the work!

talkingaboutwork.jpg

No passenger trains today as it was sunday and work was being dome on the main line, so the snowplougha went on a test run.

snowplough.jpg

visiting class 56

class56.jpg

Health ans Saftey have said the converted Queen mary mess room was not safe, so its been carted off and replaced with te managaers office!

newoffice.jpg

Its a 60's weekend line up.

wonkylamps.jpg

parkedup.jpg

IKB.jpg

37886 awaits the depot fuel tanks

awaitingtanks.jpg

Think this is now my favourite class 60

favcl60rail.jpg

Noisy neighbours:D

St.Andrews road

DB66.jpg

shunting.jpg

standrewsroad.jpg

class08.jpg

Hi Simon, glad it all went well, great to see the photos....Will have to arrange a day over the winter for you to bring some of those 60's up to my steelworks for a run. Hopefully will get the fiddle yards laid soon and the trains will have somewhere to go...

All the best

Leon.

ps the 66 is fitting in well.

Hi Simon, glad it all went well, great to see the photos....Will have to arrange a day over the winter for you to bring some of those 60's up to my steelworks for a run. Hopefully will get the fiddle yards laid soon and the trains will have somewhere to go...

All the best

Leon.

ps the 66 is fitting in well.

Thanks Leon, sometime in novemeber would be great as long as your sorted for that?

Thanks

simon

Archived