Cardiff Model Railway Show 15th & 16th October

John_Miles

I thoroughly enjoyed the show yesterday. Good to chat to all those that I know. It was very busy when i arrived at 12pm so the Treasure will no doubt be pleased.

Enjoyed all the layouts and am please that Bishop's Way, Rosamund Street and the missing Moose Creek will also be at the Pontypridd MRC show in April.

Apart from the layouts I managed not to buy too many books.

I have to say the most interesting thing I saw was 3D printer actually making a model 'live' on the Axminster tools stall. Tempted to go back today but too late now.

The organisers seem to be happy. The attendance was slightly up on 2014 (there was no show last year due to the Rugby World Cup inflating hotel prices) which is always good news. The quality was superb and it is always good to see old friends. We even had a visit from a Pope - in this case Ian Pope of Lightmoor / Black Dwarf made the trip down the M4 from Witney. I hope to have some photos later if Ms Tierney sends them to me.

Great show, excellent in fact and well worth the round trip from sunny Cornwall.

Ah, another person from Cornwall, though I admit I travelled up on Thursday and returned Sunday night.

Operating, occasionally, on Ynysbwl.

From Penzance +, it was 230 miles e/w, and both journeys 3hrs, 35mins - To Wenvoe, my Hotel.

It's very helpful when there's no holiday makers about and also missing the Friday PM influx into Wales.

Well after the Martin and I managed to track (no pun intended) down our electrical gremlins that struck first thing Saturday morning, to a dodgy Point Motor Switch which meant we had to run the rest of the weekend without the small loop, we had a grand time.

Most of Saturday afternoon HHC was taken over by some of the Children who visited the show, Martin, Omar and myself really could have wandered off and come back for 4:00 Sunday afternoon to collect the layout if we wanted to, as most of them were better operators than us :P  :P   One or 2 did think that a Nuclear Flask train really ought to travel along as if it had a Nuclear Rocket as an engine, but most were really good. Their parents were really appreciative of us allowing their little people to 'play trains' for a few minutes and at one point I think we had a queue :)  :)

Thanks to the organisers for looking after us, this really was a cracking show and my vote for best layout went to South Wales Colliery, this was an awesome layout and a real shame that Wayne couldn't be persuaded to take it out to other shows, he was quite adamant that Cardiff would be it's last public outing.

Many Regards

Neal Mansell

BMRG

Thanks to the organisers for looking after us, this really was a cracking show and my vote for best layout went to South Wales Colliery, this was an awesome layout and a real shame that Wayne couldn't be persuaded to take it out to other shows, he was quite  adamant that Cardiff would be it's last public outing. 

Does this mean Cardiff, and only Cardiff, may well see the layout again,  :sungum: 

Archived