4mm BR Brake Clasps

The Rumney Models clasp brake underframes would be my first port of call. However, they get rather expensive if you need a lot and I'm not sure they work well with OO, it is also a whole underframe, not just the brakes. http://website.rumneymodels.co.uk/wagon-underframes

I have used the MJT castings before and they are quite good.

The Rumney Models clasp brake underframes would be my first port of call. However, they get rather expensive if you need a lot and I'm not sure they work well with OO, it is also a whole underframe, not just the brakes. http://website.rumneymodels.co.uk/wagon-underframes

I have used the MJT castings before and they are quite good.

The BR clasp brake underframes include parts to enable them to be built in OO, there should be no problems buiding them in this gauge. Rumney Models now also do proper BR axleboxes and springs 12T-16T wagons. Aside from the 16T type that MJT do their other axleboxes aren't really suitable for new underframes from this period and no one else does a 6 leaf spring for 16T minerals.

Justin

Justin

• RMweb Premium

Hello all,

I'm just wondering which 4mm BR Brake Clasps do you use on vac braked wagons for kit building?

I've seen Four Most (ABS) do some, 51L and MJT do white metal detailing bits but I was wondering what everybody else uses?

Thanks

Gareth

Hi Gareth

Red Panda Models do a 10ft wheelbase chassis with BR 8 shoe gear RA01

Thank you for the replies so far, I'm just looking for whitemetal detailing bits at the moment, If I need to move to something a bit better eg Rumney Models underframe kits then I may do but unfortunatley my new few kits on my To Do list aren't 10ft wheelbase!

@Justin Newitt - I picked up some of your goodies at ExpoEM on Sunday. Hoping to put a larger order in soon.

Thanks

Gareth

Archived