BR 13-ton Coal Hoppers?

Ruston

I have never seem a kit like that but it looks like the top half of a Parkside Dundas 21ton one cut down. I wonder if you could use that as a basis for a cut and shut.

Thanks

I don't think that would work. Comparing the two there's not one panel or bracket the same on the body and the brake gear is completely different. I suppose anything's possible but for the amount of work needed it wouldn't be worthwhile. I saw one running on a layout at Telford but the operator said it wasn't his and he didn't know if it was a kit or what.

I didn't make it clear but the hoppers I am referring to are the Diagram 1/142

Apparently Dave Bradwell does one in 4mm.  http://traders.scalefour.org/DaveBradwell/rolling-stock/. Ususal disclaimers, the only connection I have is via my good friend, Google...

Might it be worth seeing if there is sufficient interest to have a batch of etches done in 7mm?  Presumably, axleboxes, springs, buffers etc are easy enough to source?

hth

Simon

Thanks, Michael.

I've looked at the picture but can you give some more information, please? What material(s) are they made from and what is the price?

Do you have a website/shop where I can order, or do I just contact you by private message on this forum?

Thanks, Michael.

I've looked at the picture but can you give some more information, please? What material(s) are they made from and what is the price?

Do you have a website/shop where I can order, or do I just contact you by private message on this forum?

The hopper body is an one piece resin casting with a white metal chassis, with sprung buffers. The price excluding wheels is £35. I'll send our price lists this week to you. If you want to order just send me a pm. Hope that helps

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

If my memory is correct these BR built hoppers were brought in to replace aging NER P4/P5/P13 hoppers of which there were still hundereds running around in 1947. There are still a few on there wheels in the likes of Tanfield and Bowes. We do the NER wagons in resin and brass and DJH did do the BR wagons in white in white metal.

Marc 

Archived