Great News! CH is alive and well!

shortliner

New ownership means nothing after the rollercoaster of a shutdown managed by the previous owners. I had a large backorder with them just prior to closure and got virtually zero information out of them and only when I cancelled the order did they bother to tell me they had recieved the products from the manufacturer several weeks earlier and had been planning to ship them to me via a separate organisation. Sorry but that was far from good enough. They then had the cheek to cry foul which left a bad taste in my mouth. Their loss and I can honestly say no more orders will be winging their way to CH from me. Chris

Sorry, but are you saying that because the previous owners were uncommunicative, you are going to penalise the new owners, just because they have bought the brand name and remaining stocks?

Talk about cutting your own nose to spite someone else's face....

I have no information on the new owners, nor their connection with the former owners, so until I know otherwise the Caboose Hobbies name is tainted for me. MB Klein, Trainworld and others will be sufficient to meet my needs.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

If the business has new owners and premises then it is basically just another business using the brand name. This happened with Victors a few years ago when somebody tried to ressucitate the Victors brand name. Maybe the new owners will do a great job and be good to do business with, maybe they won't, but either way I really don't see this as being a continuation of the old business in any meaningful way.

Archived