Japanese Micros ( in Japanese )

I must admit that when I see stuff like this I do question my own rather narrow way of thinking. The creators of these micros must've had so much fun putting them together. I particularly liked the urban/industrial micro.

I remember Lummerland appearing on Carl's website. It was a whole island with a line running from the pier to a castle on top of the cliffs. It did get me thinking about modelling a whole Caribbean island complete with a shanty town on the hillside above the port. Maybe one day.....

Max - Without going and doing a hunt for it - on the RailRoad Line Forum site There is a member who has a line in (AFAIR) On30 set in Haiti - He is either a missionary or a Pastor - I know there are some excellent photos - Little locos, sugar and tracks in Jungle

A nice gentleman on the original forum pointed me to it - You'll find it here - http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22912

Hi Shortliner

Thank you for posting this link. I think it must have been this layout that got me thinking about an island layout a few years ago. Well worth the effort to read through this topic as the modelling is excellent and the more general comments about Haiti are interesting too.

I wonder if a whole island can be done in 2 foot by 3 foot in HOn30 or OO9?

Max

Archived