GWR and BR auto coach kit

I would like some info on where to get the kits I need to detail these two coaches . I understand MJT has one but it is not in stock . Is there any place else or can i scratch build the bits i need ?? Any advice/help will be most appreciated .

Thanks martin

The link also says now in stock so you may want to email them for an exact status. They did recently reintroduce for the first time in a long while so I guess the first batch shot off the shelf!

Other than that kit David Geen may be able to supply components from his trailer kit that are suitable for these later diagrams. The control gear should be the same for example.

Definitely the David Geen castings for the auto control gear, bell, buffers (unsprung) etc, and the etches he does for the contol hangers and steps (although steps may not be the correct width, depends on your diagram).

You could also try Blacksmith models as they do a number of autotrailer kits and sell parts, and Comet do the A38 kit, so may have parts too (although I think the Comet kit uses David Geen castings).

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I would like some info on where to get the kits I need to detail these two coaches . I understand MJT has one but it is not in stock . Is there any place else or can i scratch build the bits i need ?? Any advice/help will be most appreciated .

Thanks martin

Hi Martin,

I'm in the process of converting a Hornby auto coach would you like me to send you a couple of photographs?

Kind regards,

Nick.

[if it is not too late i would love some pictures Nick :-) martinquote name=Brinkly' timestamp='1307706506' post='416410]

Hi Martin,

I'm in the process of converting a Hornby auto coach would you like me to send you a couple of photographs?

Kind regards,

Nick.

Archived