Motherwell's 37/3s.

P.C.M

Motherwell had a number of class 37s that were numbered in the 300s most were named and the banger blue loco's had large numbers.

I am thinking of modelling one but wonder did they work much freight North of Mossend up to Perth or Inverness. I know they got down as gar as Newcastle.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-44772500-1477807022_thumb.jpg

I saw a few at Grangemouth and Millerhill in the early 90s, plus the occasional one at Thornaby, but my notes do not include any sightings further north. However, I didn't visit Perth or Inverness that frequently.

The pictures I've found of them tended to be Ayrshire (Hunterston), Motherwell, North East England (Newcastle, Ashington, Alnmouth, Gateshead, Low Fell), North West England (Wigan, Preston, Warrington) directions.

I've never found a picture of them heading north, but would be interested to see if you do find one

Peter

I think the ML 37/3's were one of the most dedicated fleets BR hardly straying beyond the Hunterston Ravenscraig the photo above is the Gunnie to Clitheroe cement train which was a ML job they would have been common at Newcastle as Dolphines was supplied to Ravenscraig from Thrislington I also think Alumina from Bltyh was an ML job as far as Mossend and I think at least one made it to the West Highland Line with this train

Dave

Peter

I had a quick scan at

http://www.class37info.co.uk/history.aspx and 310 made it to Perth on a charter and all the ones I checked got used on the Euston sleeper when it had failed have a look on there for the workings of these locos it is mainly passenger work site is aimed at but unusual freights sometimes appear

Dave

It only says it worked the charter between Morpeth and Newcastle, doesn't look like it made it to Perth then either

Archived