The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Cult Heroes: Mostly Autumn

Tim H

My latest article for The Guardian, which may be of interest to one or two of you

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2016/nov/01/cult-heroes-mostly-autumn-prog-melodic-rock

Thanks for that - definitely of interest. Not a group I've heard before so I have enjoyed listening to something new. I'm not sure how I would describe them, my feeling is more All About Eve'ish  than prog rock to be honest. Not quite the same soaring vocals as Julianne Regan, but then again I'm biased as I think All about Eve is a seriously underrated band. However still enjoyable all the same to listen to, I'll definitely consider getting to see them - they have a concert in St. Helens later in the month which isn't that far away.

Hmrspaul of this parish is a big fan - the background music to his website is "Distant Train" by Mostly Autumn.

Indeed he is - met him quite a few times at gigs in York.  One of these days I'll wear my "No Kettles" t-shirt at a gig to anooy him :)

Archived