Anyone like to exhibit their layout for the first time

Selkent

Getting your layout on to the exhibition circuit isn't always easy for first timers and I know there is lots of great layouts which are portable and fully scenic and interesting and sitting in your garage or spare room just perfect for public display.

We have a 12ft  to 15ft space at Bexleyheath Model Show on Sunday 11th Dec which we would love to use for at least one brand new layout and exhibitor to the exhibition circuit.  The show is on the SE boarder of London and Kent and would suit someone within a hours drive and the layout can be transported in one or two cars.  Don't worry if it is not self supporting, we can provide tables.  Happy to take layouts smaller then this but all we ask is that the layout is fully scenic and to exhibition standard and can be any gauge.  There are 25 layouts. lots of traders and pre sale tickets are going well, so will be a great first show for your layout.   Also once on the exhibition circuit, often other exhibition managers are there with their layouts so you find the invitations start coming through and soon all your weekends are taken up doing shows, endless packing and up packing the car, having to carry favours with your partner in return for you to go away for another weekend show and getting up at 6am to leave for a show.   It's a great life being an exhibitor lol. 

Actually, it is a great way to meet fellow modellers and often there are socials for exhibitors after the show, esp on 2 day ones. 

So if you think your layout is ready to show the world, contact me  and if you could have some piccys to send, hopefully you may be doing your first exhibition in Dec.

• RMweb Premium

While it too far for me to come (I live way up north), I would like to say a public thanks to Selkent for giving people this opportunity to exhibit their layouts.

After moving way further north, very few people know of my layouts so they rarely get exhibited now. Indeed, I've only done one local exhibition in 3 years (plus a few where I used to live), that invitation came as a result of a chance conversation on a rail replacement bus.

• RMweb Gold

I would like to say a public thanks to Selkent for giving people this opportunity to exhibit their layouts.

Me too, I wish there had been a similar offer of this kind from exhibition managers when I was trying to get my first invite for Much Murkle.

It is very difficult for the aspiring but lone modeller to break into the circuit and get their first invite. There are undoubtably hidden gems out there who just need that initial opportunity.

Well done Selkent for providing it and I hope you get plenty of interest. 

PEPPERMILL  by Rhod Holloway, who will be bringing this stunning American layout for the first exhibition he has ever done, and hopefully get him on the exhibition circuit.  We had 6 replies and all looked amazing, we used the formula - first to respond got the gig, but the others are noted for next year.  Thank you all that responded

Getting your layout on to the exhibition circuit isn't always easy for first timers and I know there is lots of great layouts which are portable and fully scenic and interesting and sitting in your garage or spare room just perfect for public display.

We have a 12ft  to 15ft space at Bexleyheath Model Show on Sunday 11th Dec which we would love to use for at least one brand new layout and exhibitor to the exhibition circuit.  The show is on the SE boarder of London and Kent and would suit someone within a hours drive and the layout can be transported in one or two cars.  Don't worry if it is not self supporting, we can provide tables.  Happy to take layouts smaller then this but all we ask is that the layout is fully scenic and to exhibition standard and can be any gauge.  There are 25 layouts. lots of traders and pre sale tickets are going well, so will be a great first show for your layout.   Also once on the exhibition circuit, often other exhibition managers are there with their layouts so you find the invitations start coming through and soon all your weekends are taken up doing shows, endless packing and up packing the car, having to carry favours with your partner in return for you to go away for another weekend show and getting up at 6am to leave for a show.   It's a great life being an exhibitor lol. 

Actually, it is a great way to meet fellow modellers and often there are socials for exhibitors after the show, esp on 2 day ones. 

So if you think your layout is ready to show the world, contact me  and if you could have some piccys to send, hopefully you may be doing your first exhibition in Dec.

Great idea which I'm going to "pinch" for the Rotarail show I manage on behalf of Fareham Rotary Club/Fareham College. We have a 15 year old coming with his first layout (009) to our show in April which completes the lineup but if there is anyone who would like to come to our show in 2018 (28 April) and lives within a reasonable travelling distance of Fareham, then please send me details. Next year's show details are on www.rotarail.webs.com.

Chris

Archived