BLMA Trinity 5660 PD Covered Hopper Delivery in UK

steveNCB7754

Hi all,

I know I am being impatient, but I was wondering if any UK-based modeller had yet got their hands on one of these yet?  In this case, I mean a UK-based modeller ordering from a UK supplier (not importing from a US supplier).  Not overly desperate to get them per-say, but its a financial commitment that I would like to see removed from my balance sheet, whilst I still have the money!

For my part, I have two on order and contacted the UK retailer at the end of August (their website was then still indicating a July delivery), to see what the score was. 'Three to six weeks' was the reply (so mid-October then) and we are now approaching mid-November.  When I checked the BLMA website at the time, their website blog (for June 21) stated that the models were then shipping from Atlas' warehouse in New Jersey (presumably to US purchasers/retailers first).

My other worry is that, given 'Brexit' and that other recent political 'event', any currency changes are going to lead to the old '... sorry, but we need to raise the price due to currency fluctuations' hit.  Any idea why we UK modellers are still waiting (or is it just me)?

Steve

I pre-ordered from Model Junction , and have yet to receive or indeed hear anything more. 

Yes, me too (the supplier that is).

In their end of August email reply to me, they said that the models were allocated to them and were awaiting shipping -  perhaps they are coming by Trump steamer (sorry).

• 3 weeks later...

And to round this off, 2 BLMA PD Hoppers arrived in the post this morning.

Hi,

Yes, just got back from a long weekend away and my two hoppers have also arrived.  Have also now made a decision not to pre-order any more 'stuff' in the future (with the prices they are asking for new stuff these days, it was not a hard choice).

Steve

I think I got the last one :)

Yes, I saw that the version available in stock had gone -  I was tempted, but the two I have (a TILX and a CEFX 'North Dakota Mill') are more than adequate for the 'industry' I plan for my layout.

Also fully expected that some might have been bought for immediate sale on Ebay (UK), but none so far.  As I say, I do NOT need another one, no, really, two is fine, why would I want another one, honestly, it's not a problem, 'two's company, three's a crowd', etc. (LOL).

Yes, I saw that the version available in stock had gone -  I was tempted, but the two I have (a TILX and a CEFX 'North Dakota Mill') are more than adequate for the 'industry' I plan for my layout.

Also fully expected that some might have been bought for immediate sale on Ebay (UK), but none so far.  As I say, I do NOT need another one, no, really, two is fine, why would I want another one, honestly, it's not a problem, 'two's company, three's a crowd', etc. (LOL).

Well you have me convinced that you don't need anymore, and two is just the right number...but I only have one for now :triniti:

The more I look at it all alone on the layout the more I'm starting to think I'll may move it along on the 'E' line

Archived