Losing settings

Whenever I log in on my laptop, which may be a couple of weeks since I last used it, I'm logged out.  That's not a problem, understand the security behind it.

However it doesn't remember what I've turned on and off. I turn off/hide BRM Zone and Buy & Sell as they don't interest me. It saves those settings in the session cookies as when I go back in again those sections are hidden as I want them - however they aren't kept as part of my user settings.

It's not a big deal but why does this happen?

• RMweb Premium

Whenever I log in on my laptop, which may be a couple of weeks since I last used it, I'm logged out.  That's not a problem, understand the security behind it.

However it doesn't remember what I've turned on and off. I turn off/hide BRM Zone and Buy & Sell as they don't interest me. It saves those settings in the session cookies as when I go back in again those sections are hidden as I want them - however they aren't kept as part of my user settings.

It's not a big deal but why does this happen?

You could try this https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner. As well as a cleaner it saves your persistant cookies using "intelligent scan".

Be careful what you clean though, specially in the registry. Or just use the cookie part.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Archived