Another bit of night and early morning modelling has seen the floor raised on the ash pit

78884FB4-4F35-4871-BCDB-EA4D4572E4DC_zps

37670AC8-4164-4ED7-ABD1-49446AE7A4C1_zps

And the pit extended to the correct length.

Also last night after reading through one of the magazines from the O Gauge Guild, which I have to say is very impressive and I highly recommend joining, I've discovered there's an O Gauge group five minutes from mine. The West Lancashire O Gauge Group so I'll be getting in touch with them today :)

Cheers

I may be having a senior moment, so hesitate to mention this - but shouldn't the brickwork be on the inside of the pits?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I may be having a senior moment, so hesitate to mention this - but shouldn't the brickwork be on the inside of the pits?

Hi Jonny, they can be made to represent either brick or concrete walled pits depending which side you use, but going off old photos they all seem be concrete lined.

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah, yes I see.  Silly me.

I will doze off again now.

Haha no worries and don't worry I made the steps and I'm thinking these look like 4mm didn't realise I have to double the pieces up!! Doh!!

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul, by the time I get back from Stafford armed with both 4 and 7 mm goodies on Sunday night the pits should be fitted and having a Cl 40 parked over them.

It's looking very good though mate.

Haha thanks Andy but do you really think I'm as quick as you?? ;)

I have just managed a few minutes to add the steps and glue everything together. Next job will be to fill all the gaps, add the concrete top and start weathering, oh and add some track :O

7CBDE79C-F6C3-429B-99D3-D00AA5AB5082_zps

B4033D2B-03FA-4A7B-A850-42A0FBAA2160_zps

Most my time lately has been spent checking, cleaning, wrapping and posting 4mm locos etc and tomorrow will see slw 24 heading off to New Zealand and ELJ being packed up for one lucky/unlucky guy!!

Hopefully things will start picking up pace now :)

Cheers

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Cotton bud

Acrylic paint

"dry brush"

Practice on old shoe boxes or whatever!

Best

Simon

Thanks Simon I'm thinking of getting an O gauge figure and using its feet to make oily footprints to ;) as for the remains of ash I think I'll be picking up a disposable BBQ :D

Cheers

Thanks Simon I'm thinking of getting an O gauge figure and using its feet to make oily footprints to ;) as for the remains of ash I think I'll be picking up a disposable BBQ :D

Cheers

You can have a bag of my ash from the coal fire. I have loads of the stuff.

I can't guarantee it will be 7mm scale though.

Edited by jonny777
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You can have a bag of my ash from the coal fire. I have loads of the stuff.

I can't guarantee it will be 7mm scale though.

If there's some going spare I'll happily take some off your hands Jonny :)

Here's a few pics of today's progress

C93B83D2-A54E-42C0-9A14-0CAEA11CFFF7_zps

2E9E9F87-6B50-4F52-B903-330F12345369_zps

195CAB44-420A-4BF6-8ED5-60CA84712B7D_zps

D1A31399-273E-42FF-877C-E69B9B825727_zps

E15072C0-750B-401E-A0FD-FE986183A4A4_zps

F260DA95-953C-4419-84A7-CC275014E556_zps

18867D28-6108-45F2-8546-550434668ACC_zps

DAFCC65F-63A7-45FA-8B47-EF9570289ED2_zps

736BD054-F70F-4FC6-A94C-6024D89D979A_zps

Cheers

• Like 6

That looks good Paul, but what's with the Trix Box, going HO Continental as well.

I used to do HO Swiss / German and Austrian, wonderful stuff,     :sungum:               Now there's and idea :nono:

EDIT = Just looked, it's a Wheel Cleaner,    I'll let you off, your not turning again, hahhahah :no: .

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Then I brought out the big guns

5E1A13BF-086F-4337-B0F1-52ACE2597119_zps

Oooo, that Class 40 has got me drooling into my Tea !

Uh-oh, what is that strange distant sound ?  What does the Dark Side sound like ??!!

Edited by andi4x4
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Electrically conductive wood, blimey, you've got everything in Liverpool!

Mike.

Surprised nobody has commented how it's typical Liverpool some git has nicked the bloody rails! Can't wait to see how Paul's going to move that 40 in time for tomorrow's 06.55 to Newcastle!

Nice modelling mate! They look good, too clean, but good! Do I take it you've sold the ELJ baseboards then? The dark side really is a big pull! He says looking at his bank balance :( lol!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane

• RMweb Gold

That looks good Paul, but what's with the Trix Box, going HO Continental as well.

I used to do HO Swiss / German and Austrian, wonderful stuff,     :sungum:               Now there's and idea :nono:

EDIT = Just looked, it's a Wheel Cleaner,    I'll let you off, your not turning again, hahhahah :no: .

I'm sticking with 0 ;)

Shouldn't those pits have lights?

I'm off and runnin'

It's an ash pit so don't need lights ;) thank god!

Cheers