Made Upton

Pikey

The allotment is now finished, with added people and a few more plants, shovel and rake leaning up against the shed, chicken wire fence, and a fox lurking behind the fence, probably after the chickens:

IMG_1434.JPG

Started the station building, plan on finishing this tonight and tomorrow, leaving Thursday and Friday for cleaning and operational practice. This is just the template, cut from a cereal packet, with Wills windows marked on. I'll cut out and stick the templates on from behind, and they come with brick arch lintels to stick on the front as well. I'll wrap this in a rendered wall texture download, add roof projections and we're almost there:

IMG_1433.JPG

• Like 3

I'm not totally pleased with how the station building has ended up, it will have to do for now though:

IMG_1435.JPG

So, that's the scenic work all finished barring a few final tweaks and sticking a few things down, maybe adding a couple more trees and people etc.

Edited by Pikey
  • Like 1

Well, the show was a success I think :)

We were approached by the organisers of both Cheltenham and Gloucester exhibitions, asking us if we'd like to do their shows - which was most unexpected! We only made a couple of mistakes, there were a few more derailments that I would have liked, and my Class 68 decided it was only going to play sound OR move (rather than the traditional method of both together) at the exact moment that a bunch of people were taking a particular interest in it - but apart from that it went pretty smoothly and seemed to be received well by most of the public.

Some improvements for next time will have to include a traverser/sector plate or loco lift system for the fiddleyard, as it was quite labour-intensive to operate that end under show conditions. And a third person to help operate would allow both of us to actually go and look at the other exhibits, as between us we managed about 3 or 4 minutes away from our station during the whole 6 hour event.

IMG_1498.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UtMubASFa8&feature=youtu.be

My little Transit van, newly converted to radio control, running around the yard. Potentially I can make some small changes to the TMD and surrounding scenic area to allow a realistic operation with the van (coming on scene, making a delivery, doing a 3 point turn and driving off again), which will add a bit of interest to the scene.

I've also got several other vehicles planned to convert to RC :)

• Like 2