Our US O gauge modellers may be interested in these December US retailer arrivals

shortliner

post-6688-0-55912600-1481734085.jpg

GE 44-TON CENTER-CA
SCALE SWITCHER
IN NEW ROADNAMES OR ROADNUMBER

post-6688-0-31939800-1481734566.jpg

post-6688-0-11448500-1481734592.jpg

post-6688-0-91795600-1481734620.jpg

Featuring dual motors with flywheel and the True Blast® Plus sound system, our scale versions are now available in two new road names (Canadian National #1 and Union Pacific® #13990) with a new road number for PRR.

Features include:
die-cast frame
die-cast trucks
dual motors with flywheel
prototypical scale dimensions
electronic reverse board with directional lock-out
LED lighting
True Blast® Plus 16-bit polyphonic sound including prime mover, horn, and bell
engineer cab figure
flush-mounted windshield with separate wipers
navigates O-27 curves
length 9" coupler to coupler; height 3.25"

MSRP $429.95 each

Item No. 23105 PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD #9331
Item No. 23106 CANADIAN NATIONAL #1
Item No. 23107 UNION PACIFIC® #1399

PLEASE NOTE    THESE ARE Bachmann USA RELEASES AND NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH Bachmann UK

- IF YOU WANT THEM YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN ARRANGEMENTS TO BUY THEM FROM AMERICA

Thanks Jack, but not at that price. I keep looking for a cheap one, but without success (been outbid a couple of times). They have not been around long enough for used one's to appear. They have been succesfully 2-railed, and would be ideal for a small layout. :senile:

Mick.

Thanks Jack, but not at that price. I keep looking for a cheap one, but without success (been outbid a couple of times). They have not been around long enough for used one's to appear. They have been succesfully 2-railed, and would be ideal for a small layout. :senile:

Mick.

Yes, the price is a bit eye-watering, but if a friend in the states could send it,  or a visitor could bring one back, it might avoid the 1 US$ = 1 UK£ conversion that rears its ugly head over here, together with the notorious EBAY "shipping/customs" addition

Forgot to mention that the body and handrails are available as spares, at a reasonable price (especially with a Bachmann discount voucher, which they send out occasionaly if you sign up to the website), so if somebody fancies scratchbuilding the rest ........... :no:

Unfortunately the sill comes with the trucks/motor etc etc as a complete unit, at a not very attractive price .......... :nono:

One for your skills JAMO I think. :sungum:

Mick.

Thank you Mick! ;)   :mosking: ...and thank you to Jack for sharing the information ;)

I still have a modified Rich Yoder model I've bought a long time ago (when prices and shipping from the USA were cheaper). It's my only model made of brass. The others are plastic models.

I don't need another GE-44. I still have 12 locomotive in O scale. It's too much for my small layout.

But I can't be indifferent when I see a GE-44.

I've seen a modification of the Bachmann GE-44 from 3RL to 2RL on a US O gauge forum. I think it's easier to buy only the body and to use NWSL or P&D parts to make the drive with a central motor.

Here is a photo of my modified model

gallery_27876_4070_14383.jpg

Even just a brief comparison of Jamo's loco & the Williams offering reveals the difference between "model" & "toy". ;) (and that doesn't include the wheels!!)

Oh how quickly we have forgotten the Lionel S-2 .......... :jester:

post-24507-0-64381700-1481795402.jpg

post-24507-0-81922400-1481795425_thumb.jpg

Bachmann's terribly proud of their list price, it means their dealer price can allow the dealers to knock a lot off and still make a few bucks.  Western Depot, FOR EXAMPLE, have the 44-tonner at $320:

https://www.westerndepot.com/index.php/cPath/21_503_265_366_384

Nothing worse than getting Grandma's old ironing board and worrying that O-scale (locos especially) may be too big for a layout on it.

Jason

Many thanks to all for my models.

@chaz,

if you want to understand, you have to read my thread and follow my progress. My S-2 was photographied on my French branchline layout. My US O scale layout is under construction. See here please:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/116137-iowa-central-railway/

One day, you'll see another picture with my Alco on a more prototypical track and a US scenery.

;)

Many thanks to all for my models.

@chaz,

if you want to understand, you have to read my thread and follow my progress. My S-2 was photographied on my French branchline layout. My US O scale layout is under construction. See here please:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/116137-iowa-central-railway/

One day, you'll see another picture with my Alco on a more prototypical track and a US scenery.

;)

Fair enough. Of course it's better to photograph it on a layout than just plonk it down on a shelf or table. Full marks for the weathering and the trees.

Archived